Local Clubs in Lancaster,Pa or surrounding area?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly22guy

Reaction score
I live in southern lancaster, county Pa looking for some local clubs or members to interact & learn from. :b

Lovely place but I don't think the Amish partake of the fruit of the vine.:D

Lovely place but I don't think the Amish partake of the fruit of the vine.:D

"Pennsylvania's moderate climate and rolling terrain provide some of this country's most favorable grape-growing conditions. The state produces at least 70 varieties, more than most wine regions, and ranks fourth nationally in grapegrowing, with more than 14,000 acres under production." Also Ranked 7th Nationally for Wine Making!

Sacalait. no offense but Louisiana isnt even listed. Lol just kidding around. But seriously those amish boys & girls are worse than you know!!!

You're probably right. I've visited there a couple of times but never had any alcoholic beverages served. Seemed just like ordinary folk to me, just no electricity. The area did have some of the best chocolate though, all I can remember was something "buds".

Here is the info I got when I asked at the local brew shop.

Email this guy [email protected]

The Susquehanna Winemakers Guild is a home winemaking club that brings amateur winemakers together for fellowship and learning.

Started in 2007 we currently boast over 50 members and their spouses.

Meetings are held 4 times a year with our summer picnic and Winemaking competition being the latest addition to our schedule.

Our meetings range from discussions on winemaking techniques to wine appreciation. We also have guest speakers that offer presentations on different topics.

We have a varied membership that ranges from new winemakers to folks who have been growing grapes and making wine for most of their adult lives.

The Guild is a non profit organization, and there are no annual dues. All interested individuals are encouraged to email me with any additional questions.

Rick Scott

The Susquehanna Winemakers Guild is a home winemaking club that brings amateur winemakers together for fellowship and learning.

Started in 2007 we currently boast over 50 members and their spouses.

Meetings are held 4 times a year with our summer picnic and Winemaking competition being the latest addition to our schedule.

Our meetings range from discussions on winemaking techniques to wine appreciation. We also have guest speakers that offer presentations on different topics.

We have a varied membership that ranges from new winemakers to folks who have been growing grapes and making wine for most of their adult lives.

The Guild is a non profit organization, and there are no annual dues. All interested individuals are encouraged to email me with any additional questions.

Rick Scott

I know Mt. Hope winery has tastings and the PA Renfair, but as for homebrewers... no too sure. It's about 2 hours north of me.

south jersey wine makers

Hay people we are in southern part,of NEW JERSEY,lets talk on the email also TOM who is also on this,forum can also can tell you about us.:mny

I live in southern lancaster, county Pa looking for some local clubs or members to interact & learn from. :b

Hey Slyguy are you still interested in starting somthing up? I am going to talk to Steve at Mr Steves and see if he will host. I have a couple guys that are interested. Maybe we could alternate locations York/Lancaster.. any interest?? Also if there is anyone else from South central PA or Northern MD that would be interested let me know. If we get enough interest we can start somthing..

Lol i was just there tonight to pick up a few more carboys! Yeah id be interested. even if it was just a few times a year. we could always take turns hosting a get together at our houses too. I work retail so im usually pretty busy till mid feb. But after that im pretty free. We should really get some sort of list together of people who would be interested in it.

wine gatherring

start a wave and see what comes aboard ,im from south jersey,not that far':a1

Hay people we are in southern part,of NEW JERSEY,lets talk on the email also TOM who is also on this,forum can also can tell you about us.:mny
As Joeswine said ASK away. My sister lives in E-town. If I remember there is a homebrew shop in Lancaster. Have you been to Mt Hope winery in the Renaissance Fair?

Yeah there is actually 2 homebrew shops in lancaster. Lancaster Homebrew & Mr. Steve's. Yeah ive been to the Mt Hope Winery & Renaissance Fair. Never cared to much for There wine. Naylor Winery south of york is nice. Nissley's is nice too. Lancaster County Winery is right down the street from my house.

As Joeswine said ASK away. My sister lives in E-town. If I remember there is a homebrew shop in Lancaster. Have you been to Mt Hope winery in the Renaissance Fair?

Yes I agree with Slyguy! I don't care for Mt Hope wine much either (just MHO) but I do like Nissley especialy their Bainbridge Red. Someday I would like to make something close to that maybe a little drier but not much! Any ideas Sly??

Well in bout two years my Merlot, Cab Frac, Cab Sauv & Pinot Noir will be producing so im sure we can come up with a blend close to that. Any Ideas what they blended for there bainbridge red? I want to get back up to Nissley's but the wife is pregnant so im sure she would not be to thrilled about not being able to taste! But at least i have a Driver!!!

Nissley's Bainbridge Red 2009
75% DeChaunac
10% Chambourcin
15% Vidal blanc

Grape Vines i have planted are as follows

6 Merlot
6 Pinot Noir
6 Pinot Gris
6 Traminette
3 Vidal Blanc
3 Riesling
3 Cab Sauv
3 Cab Franc.

Im pretty sure we could get some good blends with these though. They have about 2-3 years yet till they will start to produce. So fruit wines for me in the mean time. I might try to get my hands on a fruit bucket or 2 next year. I dont care much for the kit wines.

Nissley's Bainbridge Red 2009
75% DeChaunac
10% Chambourcin
15% Vidal blanc

Just wondering where did you get this? That is cool! Does it tell you SG?? haha I am going to pour some and check it that is about as sweet as I like a wine. I just planted some concord and some seedless reds this summer. That was before I started to make wines now i am thinking I need to plant a bunch more vines of different varities. Where did you buy your vines?

Latest posts

Back