Local Clubs in Lancaster,Pa or surrounding area?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I agree with Slyguy! I don't care for Mt Hope wine much either (just MHO) but I do like Nissley especialy their Bainbridge Red. Someday I would like to make something close to that maybe a little drier but not much! Any ideas Sly??
We stop by there on our way to SIL in Hummelstown. Wife likes their Dragon Fly glasses. BTW Their Ice Wine in not good

We stop by there on our way to SIL in Hummelstown. Wife likes their Dragon Fly glasses. BTW Their Ice Wine in not good

Thanks for that info Tom. I have never tried it. My brother really likes their Vingoles.. I on the other hand do not. I am a red man myself.. mostly.

Has anyone talked to Mr. Steves about hosting a club? I'm planning on stopping down there for the first time this weekend on my way through to DC. Has anyone checked out the one that TeamKA mentioned? Any thoughts there?

No i haven't checked either of them out yet been kinda preoccupied with my business lately. Need to hire some part time employee's so i can get back to my wine hobby!!!

I sent an email over to Rick Scott to get some more details. See if they are still active and what all they do as a group.

yea... the Amish locally definitely partake in the fruit of the vine at least here in ohio...

Has anyone talked to Mr. Steves about hosting a club?

I have talked to Mr Steve and there will be a wine group starting up in March. The first meeting is scheduled for March 16th at 7pm in the York location.. I for one have this on my calendar to attend. Check his webpage it has all the details.. Hope to meet some of you guys there...

I added it to my calendar not sure if I will make it or if the wife has plans.
Where is the one in York located?

Hey Sly! I would be interested just let me know when and where. I know some other wine lovers that would probably like to come to something like that also.. I am pretty flexible except for the last week of this month and the week of Labor day.. Let's make something happen!

Im looking at some weekends in August probly a sunday afternoon deal. You must be working a good bit haven't seen you on in quite a while!

Yes I am working in Carlisle now so I leave at 7 and get home at 6 and I have to share a laptop with my wife so I don't get much airtime.. haha looking into another one for me... Aug is cool it would be great to get together and check out each others wines. I am a member of the new wine club at Mr Steves and we meet once a month so that is pretty cool. Meeting lots of local people that like to make (and drink) wine. Let me know when is good. I am playing horse shoes at my neighbors on the 6th but the other weekends are open right now. Any ther takers yet??

Back