Live virtual wine tasting event for the home winemaker - Done

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case you missed it, the links to the Wine Notes are on post #35, also attached below.

Attachments

• JUSTIN_2020_Viognier_Tasting Notes_Revised.pdf
    196.9 KB · Views: 11
  • JUSTIN_2019_CabernetSauvignon.pdf
    180.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Tasting_Notes_2019_JUSTIN_RIGHT_ANGLE.pdf
    185.7 KB · Views: 14
I was talking to @4score and he said he was thinking of doing some side by side comparisons with wines he has made during the virtual tasting. So he will have 6 glasses, the 3 from Justin and 3 that he has made.

I thought that was a good idea, so I'll plan on having a Viognoir, a Cab and a Cab Sauv blend that I made as well. By tasting side by side I can see if I can pick out similarities and differences and try to identify any gaps and perhaps spark discussion on how I could narrow those gaps in the future.

Mine arrived yesterday as well (in hindsight, we should've combined to save on shipping, Fred). Looking forward to Friday.

Bad timing. I‘m out of state and won’t return until after the tasting. The wine arrived yesterday, at home.

If I can, I’ll sit in. But I won’t have the wine.

I’m wondering when would be a good time to open the bottles for the tasting. Just prior to start, an hour prior, decant half and keep the remaining bottled until start… does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Depends on how much your going to drink tomorrow night! I plan on pouring out about 3oz of each and then stuff the cork back in and I will revisit these over the weekend more than likely. Of course this plan could be altered depending on tasting results! I will pour the wines about 30 mins beforehand and allow the wines to air and come up to a warmer temp as right now the reds are stored at ~55F and the white at 43F.

I will also have some water crackers and perhaps some brie and a few grapes on hand as it will be 5PM my time IIRC.

I’m wondering when would be a good time to open the bottles for the tasting. Just prior to start, an hour prior, decant half and keep the remaining bottled until start… does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Latest posts

Back