Live virtual wine tasting event for the home winemaker - Done

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have contacted the SAQ (government run's the alcohol here in Quebec Canada) to see if I can have these wines shipped directly to my home without any hassles.

I Love Justin wines and would really like to participate...

Are there any issues shipping the wine to PA from out of state? I know we have some strange rules around these parts (it is the PRPA) and I normally either buy my wine here or make it. @jgmann67, chime in at any time since I know you know about this kinda thing.

The information on varying state tax rates in the original post makes me think they have it sorted out where they can and cannot ship.

But, yes, wine can be shipped to PA. PA law provides for a Direct Wine Shipper license. Here's an FAQ on direct wine shippers: https://www.lcb.pa.gov/Legal/Documents/DWS_FAQs.pdf.

Yes, please invite your fellow winemakers. We have 15 out of the necessary 20 minimum spots to fill, before the tasting is officially a go.

What happened to the "original wine" that was in the mix?
You are probably referring to 'Justification' from the previous thread. The price point of Justification pushed the cost of attending past the point I thought we could get enough participants. However, the Right Angle that was chosen should be a very close second and kept the total cost under $100

I will not be able to participate being in Canada unfortunately. I cant even register on the site.

If you guys can share the link I would still like to hear your questions.

Got a phone call today to give the folks a CC number, at least they said that's where they were from. Had a slight Indian accent, but I went with it anyway. Not sure why I had to install that thing on my computer, but I'm sure it's all just fine. 😇😆😅

(and none of the above, except for getting a call from Justin has any basis in anything).

@distancerunner, you can find the tasting notes and a lot of wine making details at these links:
Viognier
Cabernet Sauvignon
Right Angle

Interesting, all these wines have a higher than I'm used ABV. I was particularly surprised with the Viognier at 15.5%. I may have posted this already but I'm not sure. Had I not known the winemaker or vineyard when I picked up my Viognier I probably would have refused them. They were a bit overripe, had a lot of raisons and for the most part not what I would accept. The brix out of a few berries was over 28 and I have a feeling they already started fermenting inside the berries like whole cluster fermentation. For some reason I never took an initial SG though I would guess it was over 1.120. The winemaker told me they to do a whole cluster press unless I wanted an orange wine but I was afraid I could puncture my bladder so I destemmed and immediately pressed and I will have an orange wine. Without looking I seem to remember the pH being around 3.6 which is also a little higher than my past experience with Viognier. All in all he told me this is the condition they pick it every year and with good results. I asked if they watered it back and he told me only if they think it needs it upon bench trials but it's normally pretty balanced. So unless I water it back I'm going to have an 18% ABV with some residual sugar. Right now it's still fermenting, down to 1.007 and I doubt it's going to go much lower. It really doesn't taste that out of balance. So I can't wait to try a 15.5% Viognier.

My wines were supposed to be delivered today but of course they are still sitting in Phoenix, AZ overnight and the temps yesterday were 84 for the high...... Now showing delivery tomorrow. I did pick up a 2016 Justification as well as added a bottle of the 2019 Justification since the prices and shipping were pretty good. Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

1638376187866.jpeg

Sounds like a terrific event! Unfortunately I just saw this notice. Looking forward to seeing the tasting notes.

Latest posts

Back