Live virtual wine tasting event for the home winemaker - Done

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I recently participated in a Justin virtual wine tasting event for work and it made me think how great it would be to have a similar event with my fellow home winemakers. My personal goal has been to make a high quality wine at home. This is an opportunity to interact with the in-house sommelier and certified wine educator while you are experiencing the wine with your peers. I found the host from the Justin winery to be very knowledgeable and I learned some things during the tasting that I feel will help my own winemaking.

If you are serious about improving the wine you make at home, I think this would be a valuable event and you will also receive three very good wines. We will learn about the Paso Robles, CA region and how the location and weather impacts the wine that Justin is making. You will have the technical details of the wine you are tasting (pH, TA, ABV, yeast & barrel selection) in front of you while we are doing the tasting. At the end of the tasting, there will be time to ask questions.

The Wines
1. Viognier
2. Cabernet Sauvignon
3. Right Angle (Bordeaux region blend, not available in stores)

Virtual Event Details
Date: Friday December 10th
Time: 5:00pm Pacific time
Winery: Justin, out of Paso Robles, CA
Sommelier and Certified Wine Educator: Jim Gerakaris

The total discounted cost for the event is $93 - $98 includes: (depending on your local sales tax rate)
- the 3 wines listed above in 750ml bottles
- sales tax & shipping
- link to the specification sheets of the wine
- link to participate in the 1 hour live tasting

If you are interested in participating, click on the link below and register for the event. A representative from Justin will then contact you directly to collect your payment information. Must register by November 24th! Note: there can be difficulties and delays shipping into the following states: AL, AR, DE, IN, LA, MS, NJ, OH, OK, RI, UT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! Are there any stipulations about the number of participants per location?

I'm assuming they will use Zoom, so they can accomodate plenty. I would not hesitate to pass the message and link to anyone that would be interested.

Are there any issues shipping the wine to PA from out of state? I know we have some strange rules around these parts (it is the PRPA) and I normally either buy my wine here or make it. @jgmann67, chime in at any time since I know you know about this kinda thing.

It wasn’t mentioned as a state having an issue, but a good question to ask when they contact you, if you are going to participate.

Paso is where I work. And Justin is just down the road from my work. They have a mixed reputation in the region for some iffy stuff.

if it wasn’t probably wine I’ve had already I would participate.

Looking forward to this @NorCal ! Thanks for organizing! It will be fun to hear all of our perceptions of the same wines. As a community on this forum, we rarely get to synchronize like this, so that will be fun. Also looking forward to hearing from their somm. I understand he also knows quite a bit about the winemaking. Too bad we couldn't send him a sample of OUR wines for him to review online! This is going to be fun!

Have fun, and I hope you can record and post the zoom tasting. I can’t get wine shipped to NJ, and only see the cab in stores, but I’d like to watch after and see how you all made out.

I checked in with them. So far we have 11 people that have registered. We need at least 20 to make it worthwhile for them. Hopefully some of you are waiting until we are closer to the 24th deadline.

Would love to join but these wines cannot be sent to Quebec Canada without the government getting involved I believe.

Latest posts

Back