Liquefy Tannin

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maple5858

Junior
Reaction score
I have a question about liquefying tannin. This is for wood working. I use tea right now to add tannin to pine so I can age the wood with the cider and steel wool method. Tea has tannins that's why it's used for this. I was wondering about using wine tannin instead but I would have to liquefy it, I don't want to buy liquid tannin. Does tannin dissolve in water, would I have to boil it? I want to make a thick paste like substance to apply to the wood.

Thanks

I have a question about liquefying tannin. This is for wood working. I use tea right now to add tannin to pine so I can age the wood with the cider and steel wool method. Tea has tannins that's why it's used for this. I was wondering about using wine tannin instead but I would have to liquefy it, I don't want to buy liquid tannin. Does tannin dissolve in water, would I have to boil it? I want to make a thick paste like substance to apply to the wood.

Thanks

Never made a paste from it, but I don't see why not. Take a teaspoon full and see what you can do.

Thanks, I want to reduce it down and take some of the water out so it doesn't warp the thin wood I want to use.

Latest posts

Back