Lingonberry drink concentrate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussMiner

Junior
Reaction score
I have five 500 ml bottles of Lingonberry drink concentrate. Has Anyone used these for making wine? If so do you have a recipe?

The general recipe is to mix in enough water to produce a TA between 0.5% and 0.7%. > adjust the sugar to produce a gravity of 1.090. > adjust pH to be between 3.2 and 3.5. > add tannin/ nutrient/ yeast.

A trick which I do when I am stretching a juice or small volume of berry is to switch out water with either white grape or apple juice. This adds fruity aromatics/ body/ sugar/ total acidity and stays hidden in the background.

The general recipe is to mix in enough water to produce a TA between 0.5% and 0.7%. > adjust the sugar to produce a gravity of 1.090. > adjust pH to be between 3.2 and 3.5. > add tannin/ nutrient/ yeast.

A trick which I do when I am stretching a juice or small volume of berry is to switch out water with either white grape or apple juice. This adds fruity aromatics/ body/ sugar/ total acidity and stays hidden in the background.
Thank you! Good advice!

I have made it from lingonberry concentrate, and my friend said it turned out (I don't like it so I didn't sample it much 😁). I am planning to make another 1 gallon batch for her and I think I will use @Rice_Guy 's trick of using juice instead of water!

I made lingonberry wine in 2019 also starting with 2.5 liters of concentrate (IKEA). It turned out to be a winner! Being of Swedish decent I served it with friends and relatives for special dinners like at Christmas. People loved it!
I did struggle some with my first batch. Started by diluting 50/50 with water obtaining TA of .81, 2.79 pH and 1.130 SG (30 brix). My plan was to ferment down to 6 brix allowing residual sugar. Started with EC-1118 but stalled out. Restarted with K1-V116 after further diluting with water to 21 brix. This time it took. Probably needed this much dilution to overcome the sulfites/preservatives in the concentrate. Bulk aged 18 months and back sweetened to about 3.5% At bottling. Turned out very nice. Wish I had made more. One change I may try for next batch is to not add all concentrate initially. Add a portion part way through primary to let fermentation get a better start. Good luck and keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back