WineXpert Limited Release Apres Chocolate Raspberry Dessert Wine Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished the Apres Chocolate Raspberry kit which is similar. It's dark like a port wine and delicious. Just follow the instructions in the kit and it will be fine.

Mines been clearing now for almost 2 months since adding the clearing agents. Both appear to be naturally dark. I did rack mine one extra time after clearing to get it off the lees. I'll probably let both go about another month or 2 before bottling.

I haven't really tasted either, but I can tell you they both smell amazing.

Joe, how long did you age yours before starting to drink it?

You can drink them young , however 1year of aging makes this dessert port outstanding.

You can drink them young , however 1year of aging makes this dessert port outstanding.
Thanks Joe! I'll definitely have some on hand for years. I made 120 - 375ml bottles.

For those of you doing the Apres chocolate raspberry ... a friend of mine lost his batch after bottling this fall due to what we are speculating was old sorbate. (Leaking, almost bottle bombs, definitely carbonated when he did try pouring it.) Check the date on your kit if you still have the box, or just add some newer sorbate if you are unsure of the date.

I believe the choc mocha kit is completely new this year so it's probably fine, but it might be worthwhile to verify. I am not sure where my friend got his kit but it was well into the spring/summer at least, so it may have been leftover stock.

1957681E-F3E4-47E4-828E-DAC90BB45994.jpeg
I just bought the same kit this week and so I checked mine. According to Other - How to read the date codes (which later indicates Winexpert now follows the Cellar Craft / Vineco format), mine is from the 229th day of 2021, or August 17th.

I bought an Orchard Breezin' kit this summer (2021) that I haven't had a chance to start yet. I was reorganizing my wine supplies and noticed the date was from 2020, so that is one that I will definitely be using my own sorbate as well as possibly replacing the yeast and other ingredients if they look old. It got bumped up on my priority list, too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back