WineXpert Limited Edition 17 LE17

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting! The Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc blend sounds very interesting, and I've never heard of a Negroamaro before. I'll have to buy a commercial bottle and see if I like it.

When I did a google search I think I found they aren't supposed to release the info until October 1st, but there's a few sites that have let it slip out.

Negroamaro is probably a pseudonym for a different grape is my guess.

Only one kit this year with grape skins.:(
All of the rjs rq18 reds come with at least dryed grape skins and one has crushed grape skins.

Ill probly do the negroamaro and the petite ruby cabernet just because i dont have petite verdo in my supply.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I'm hoping one of the companies has a great Rose.

When I did a google search I think I found they aren't supposed to release the info until October 1st, but there's a few sites that have let it slip out.

Negroamaro is probably a pseudonym for a different grape is my guess.

No, Negroamaro is a fairly well-known grape from southern Italy. I had originally been led to believe its name meant "black bitter," due to its deep coloration and somewhat bitter taste, but evidently it really means just "black black." The first time I had it, we basically couldn't drink it the first night. Flavorful, but too bitter. As a result, we left half a bottle to sit overnight. The next day, it was a wonderful, rich wine!

Only one kit this year with grape skins.:(
All of the rjs rq18 reds come with at least dryed grape skins and one has crushed grape skins.

Ill probly do the negroamaro and the petite ruby cabernet just because i dont have petite verdo in my supply.

WE has only ever had grape skins in 1 of the 3 reds kits they offer. its the only one i usually order

cheers

May do the Negroamaro with skins but I have not been impressed with the previous non skin LE reds for the price.

May do the Negroamaro with skins but I have not been impressed with the previous non skin LE reds for the price.

I did the LE16 grenache cab with skins and the LE16 cabernet franc and we stole a sample out of the carboys last night and we both agreed the franc is the clear winner at this point, they have been aging about 4 months now so only time will tell. To be honest i do have hard time justifying paying top dollar for a kit that doesnt have skins though, but on the other hand out of 15 or more kits with skins only one has really wowed me, the CC showcase Aramone, it came with a large bag of thick inky skins, so thick it was the only grape skin pack that actually stayed sunk for 3 days in the primary, ussually my grape skins float in the bag right away.

I did the LE16 grenache cab with skins and the LE16 cabernet franc and we stole a sample out of the carboys last night and we both agreed the franc is the clear winner at this point, they have been aging about 4 months now so only time will tell. To be honest i do have hard time justifying paying top dollar for a kit that doesnt have skins though, but on the other hand out of 15 or more kits with skins only one has really wowed me, the CC showcase Aramone, it came with a large bag of thick inky skins, so thick it was the only grape skin pack that actually stayed sunk for 3 days in the primary, ussually my grape skins float in the bag right away.

Negroamaro looks the only one I would try. Agree, the kits without skin is not worth the big money. I would play cheap ones with heavy hand tweaks for more fun.
Expecting some skin suppliers.

Skins or not wouldn't be as much of a deal breaker if they would up the volume of juice from 16L or 18L up to 23L.

Still trying to figure out if the kits with skins saying there 18l kits i think there 16L with 2L skins to make 18L. 18L kits without skins are actually 18L kits

Still trying to figure out if the kits with skins saying there 18l kits i think there 16L with 2L skins to make 18L. 18L kits without skins are actually 18L kits

They're 16L kits with 1.5L of skins. Except for the RJ's kits with dried skins which are 18L. Either way, they're missing 5 to 7 liters of juice, making them "less than premium".

Here I was waiting patiently for October 1st, just to see I didn't explore the internet as well as i should have.

I'll probably pass on the Milagro Blanco, it'll just remind me that I missed the Milagro from LE16.

Not sure how I feel about the Merlot not coming with skins, since they have an Eclipse Merlot with skins thats already a proven success. Is there something special about this Merlot? Definitely going to pre-order the other 3.

Not sure how I feel about the Merlot not coming with skins, since they have an Eclipse Merlot with skins thats already a proven success. Is there something special about this Merlot? Definitely going to pre-order the other 3.

Funny, it is the Petit Ruby Cab that I really wish had skins, I would have definitely been on my list.:slp

Latest posts

Back