Lime

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris400

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made a lime skeeter pee using real lime juice instead of the real lemon juice ...and if so was it worth it

YES!! I have made it several ways. After you follow the directions and get ready to add sugar... instead of sugar add a couple bottles (20oz each) of Finest Call triple sec syrup Cocktail mixer, and a couple bottle of Margarita mixes.. You end up with the best tasting Limearita wine! I have even put a 1/2 gal of Chi Chi's Margarita from the ABC store instead of Margarita mixers. It's a little more costly but it is better for taste (IMO)

Let me clairify the above..."After you follow the directions and get ready to add sugar... " This is the final sugar after it has worked.

Has anyone ever made a lime skeeter pee using real lime juice instead of the real lemon juice ...and if so was it worth it

Yes, I have made variations of skeeter pee and dragon blood with lime juice in place of the lemon juice. You just end up with more of a "limey" taste than the bitterness of lemon juice. All in what your "likes" are.

i just finished one that is half lemon half lime, it actually tastes a lot more like a white wine than a "juice" or hard lemonade, very refreshing, I have a "cherry limeaide" in mind next

Latest posts

Back