LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My sympathies to the NW family
Lorraine will be in my thoughts as I tend my "wine garden"

I count myself lucky that I had the opportunity to meet Lorraine. She showed my her gardens, we broke bread together, we traded wines and we had a nice long chat. Lorraine was a gift to us all. She brought a lot to this forum and shared so much of herself with us. The friendships that have formed here are truly amazing. Because we can sit in our homes and meet people all over the world; form friendships that cause mourning and tears when someone dies, is such a wonderful thing!
smiley27.gif
Lorraine, you will be missed. Your always upbeat attitude, your giving heart and your wide knowledge of the world in general was something you shared with us all. I will always carry a bit of you in my heart.

It has been a long time since I have posted on the Forum due to many issues, computer problems, family issues and just getting caught up in fast moving life. I have checked in periodically to see how NW was doing and dreading opening the pages as I knew how sick she was. I did not want to hear the news of her passing. It was hard to bring myself to one day see these posts.We all love her so much and what she gave to us of her life is priceless. I will miss her. We willcarry her with us always in our hearts.
Ramona

She lives on with her many posts on this forum. She will not be forgotten. God Bless Her.

Even though this thread is stickied I wanted to post to it for a couple reasons. One is so it will bring it to light for new members that never new NorthernWinos. She was a real treat to have as a forum member and friend. She was a wealth of winemaking wonders and fruit growing skills extraordinaire. She showed many of us the benefits of steaming fruit to get lots of juice for drinking and wine. We STILL miss you Lorraine.

My son in laws father has recently been diagnosed as having Stage 4 Pancreatic cancer with liver and spleen involvement. He has a port put in next Monday and then as heavy of a dose od chemo as they can give in hopes of shrinking it a bit. It has caused the liver to back up and is forming blood clots so they hope to have ports shunts and ports put in to drain it. Surgery for that will be either in Albany or NYC as they can't do that here.

I suppose you don't come on here anymore, but I like to think you can still read our posts while you are there in Heaven. I was diagnosed with follicular cancer Stage IIIB at the end of 2012. I have had one round of chemo before today. Then today was another fun day of chemo today. Well maybe not so much, but not bad. It began with double sticks for bloodwork, then an unexpected hourplus wait to see the doctor. Heck I didn't even know I was supposed to before chemo this time. Oh well. All was well with the blood so onto the next batch of Bendamustine and Rituxan, plus benadryl, some Tylenol, plus two syringes of steroids and some nausea meds. The first IV was a dry well and began to burn- must have been a subterranean fire! So she put in another one and she said she wished they had a port in so she wouldn't have to stick me so much -4 times today altogether. I arrived today shortly after 8:30 and got home about 5:00. Tomorrow I get the rest of this times Bendamustine and some flushes and I will be all set for chemo for another four weeks. Yeah. Let's hope my bloodwork continues good and the cancer shrinks back!
All prayers still welcome! Say a few for me there in Heaven Lorraine, they might count for more from up there! LOL

Here's raising a pretend glass of wine to you NW since now I am dry for a while! We miss you.............................................................

I did not know Lorraine, as I joined this forum some time after her passing. I can feel the love you all had for her by reading these posts.

I wish you the best of luck, grapeman. I'm not much of a prayer, but my thoughts are with you. Take care, my good man. Be Well! :b

Man, that lady may not have had much out in the country but with what she had she had more than anyone could want!!!! She could teach us all how to live and then some. Now matter how bad a day I had she could always put a smile on my face.

I agree Wade and it was her recipe I used the first time I made Jalapeno wine. Thanks for bringing this thread back up Rich, and our prayers are still with you.

It's been a while since I have been on the forum (it's changed, I couldn't find it). Haven't been making wine in a few years, but that didn't stop me from thinking of our dear friend from time to time. Today, first time in many years, I started a batch of Scupernong wine and the thoughts and memories of Lorraine just came flooding back. The grapes I used, were from the plant I planted when she was with us. As wonderful a feeling it was to get back into wine making, there is this hole in my heart for a dear friend for whom I never met, yet shared so much with.

For all the long timers here who knew Northernwinos (Lorraine) when she was active on this board, I just wanted to come on and let you know, her husband Jim passed away this morning. Lorraine is the one who taught me the craft of country wines, and not only that, she and Jim stood up at our wedding. It's a sad day in the Pelican household, to be sure.

Back