LF Suggestions on next kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DageonYar

Total NeW-B
Reaction score
Well, I managed to finagle some extra cash from my pay this week, and was thinking about getting a new kit to make. Our stock of red shiraz is starting to get a little low, and I'm not so big on the blueberry shiraz (wifey loves it...). Was looking for tips or suggestions on what to try next? I was considering maybe a nice white, preferably very dry, with nice fruit tones to it. Like green grapes and apples perhaps.

TIA

Tom thats funny I was going to suggest that to, I was also thinking Muscat, but it might be to sweet for him. Bet the SO will love it.

At my wine club meeting I had some Pineapple wine I brought in for a tasting (not bottled yet) and I mixed some Pineapple with a Riesling.
Just one word WOW !.. nuf said...

Tom thats funny I was going to suggest that to, I was also thinking Muscat, but it might be to sweet for him. Bet the SO will love it.
Scary isn't it 2 minds thinking alike!

Heh, if it's sweet and fruity, the wife will love it... hmm, makes me wonder why she married me :n lol.

I'll check out the Riesling. Tks for the suggestions :)

I made the Mosti All Juice Riesling, its very dry, fruity and tastes so clean.

After browsing through Defalcos, decided on a Calif. Connoisseur Johan. Riesling :) Got it in the primary tonight. Lookin good.

SG 1.082
Came with Elderflowers.

Should I consider oaking? I have some oak chips packets from when I bought all the equipment.

Many thanks again.

Personally I would not oak a reisling. Did you add the elderflowers that came with the kit? I would have left them out (personal taste).

Steve

I would not oak a Riesling either and have never heard of elder flowers in a Riesling but sounds interesting to me.

Personally I would not oak a reisling. Did you add the elderflowers that came with the kit? I would have left them out (personal taste).

Steve

Yea, we put the elderflowers in... at least a bunch stuck to the spoon lol. So I guess it's not 'all' in there :)

Here's a suggestion that worked for us we went to the NSLC and bought wines that were like the ones we thought about trying . Because the bottle labels don't always tell you what you want to know if you go to mynslc.com you can look them up but type of grape .Come to find out we had already tried some but knew it under different name and tried a new one we really like alot .

Latest posts

Back