LF suggestions on grape variety

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efBobby

Reaction score
I'm looking for preferably an overall well balanced white which has an emphasis on aroma and texture.

That being said and preferences aside a red with the same qualities will work too.

While I'd prefer everything else to be medium but high on aroma and texture. I will consider something high on texture and aroma but weak elsewhere.

Only thing is while the gut reaction is to go to Muscat I want to see what other options are out there.

Thanks in advance

Well not planting in the sense of a vineyard but in a sense of a single vine for breeding.

Would you happen to have any suggestions?

I have been browsing as well but there are thousands of varieties and someone could easily suggest something I'd miss.

Very early on but Cortese seems to be a good fit but since I am just Using it for its genes why put all my eggs in 1 basket?

I hear Malvasia has good aroma but I haven't looked deeper into it yet.

I have decided against Viognier

Last edited:
Hey Bobby you might try out the Vitis International variety catalogue. You can query information on just about every grape variety that exists. It might help you in your search.

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind but last time I used vivc the info provided was sparse.

So far my goto are wine searcher first then wein glossary second.

Generally between the both of them I'm good but much prefer wine searcher when it comes to descriptions of taste characteristics.

Latest posts

Back