Let's see your winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's a few years old now and developing as it goes, Pics of the outside and inside. It's only 12x12 but has a little patio on one side where we crush, drink wine and have a fire once and a while. The inside pic is a pano so it looks a little bigger than it really is but I can get most of it in the one picture.
Mike

That's a great and well set up total wine experience environment. Thanks for sharing.

I don't bottle for 2 years. So first year is time spent in carboys and rotating in and out of small barrels. 2nd year is aging and tweaking oak levels followed by blending and bottling. I enter into competitions, I will take wine when we go visit family in CA, WA, MO, TX thanks to Southwest two free bags policy one of my checked bags is always a case of wine. With wine you always have birthday or Xmas presents for friends and family. I cook wth it and some of it I actually drink as well!

Mike,
Is that your refrigerated area? I'm curious to know if your carboy aging is done in the cooled area or normal room temp? What I'd really like to know is if wine will degass under airlock in a 60 degree cellar over 9 months or so. I can see it doing it at room temp, but I don't want to leave my wine in the 70s any longer than I have to.

Ted

That room is cooled to 65F in the Summer and kept at 55F naturally in the Winter. I mostly do fresh grapes and an occasional kit for White wines. Fresh grapes in the Fall degas all on their own without fail plus if your wine is not degassed and stable after two years of bulk aging its time to find another hobby! :)

Do you have a fork lift for the barrels?, man-handle them? Or just leave them in place?

"Jealous Johny99"

Back