lent 2020

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well, my lent ends on april 5th. the end is in sight! just 8 day left! wooooooo hoooooo!

all ready got that first bottle picked out.

well, my lent ends on april 5th. the end is in sight! just 8 day left! wooooooo hoooooo!

Hello John, Im a new b on this site and Ive read every post you have ever done and every answer you have ever given to other people, especially the dumb ones from people like me. So i figure if I have a question why not ask one of the best members such as you. Before I joined this site I did a 6 gallon of alicante. everything went well.It has been ageing for 6 months now. I just ordered a bucket of chilean merlow. What would a good yeast be to ferment this juice when it comes in? Also would it be good to blend with the alicanti once it ages. Im sorry to bother you, thanks Al

Mine doesn't end until Good Friday (the 10th). Getting close though!! Guess I should start thinking about my plans for that night.

Hello John, Im a new b on this site and Ive read every post you have ever done and every answer you have ever given to other people, especially the dumb ones from people like me. So i figure if I have a question why not ask one of the best members such as you. Before I joined this site I did a 6 gallon of alicante. everything went well.It has been ageing for 6 months now. I just ordered a bucket of chilean merlow. What would a good yeast be to ferment this juice when it comes in? Also would it be good to blend with the alicanti once it ages. Im sorry to bother you, thanks Al

First, it is NO bother and welcome to the forum.

I am a big fan of RC 212 yeast. It gives great results provided the yeast is well nourished.

Merlot is a great wine for blending (IMHO) or as a stand alone. My advise, though, is that you should trust your own tastes. Set up bench trials and play around with the proportions until you arrive at a blend that you like. You may even find that the best blend is no blend at all.

Back