Lemon Lime recipe needed badly.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasper24

Reaction score
Good day everyone

Does or have any of you make a lemon lime wine from raw fruit. Does anyone have a recipe for a wine using the actual fruit instead of juices from concentrate. I am about to start a wine using the fruit and I was hoping for some help. I am looking for something a little more 7-Up or Sprite tasting as oppose to lemonade tasting.

I have 17 pounds of lemons coming in and 10 pounds of limes. I am hoping to puree this all down to use in my must. After taking the acid level I have a calculating app that will tell me how much sugar and water I need to add to get around and SG of 1.100. I also plan on making this a sparkling wine and i want to have some sweetness to it.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks Hallie

If I were doing it, I'd follow the process outline in the Skeeter Pee process. Substitute your squeezed lemons & limes for the bottled juice that is called for.

Thanks guys for the replys. Would you suggest the use of tannis as well as calcium carbonate to bring the acid down.

Hallie

Good day all

Well I am off to a brave start. No real recipe just kind of winging this one. 10 pounds of limes juiced along with 17 pounds of lemons. Initial SG of 1.090 not as high as I wanted but it will do.

I have a yeast starter going and will be adding that tomorrow after everything has a chance to settle down.

I cut the acid with calcium carbonate down to .60 and the must had a nice almost soda taste to it. Pretty much what I was going for.

I also made an extra gallon of must. Once I go into the carboy I should have an extra gallon that I plan on distilling into something nice and strong. I have done the same with watermelon and blackberry wine that I am currently letting age.

Wish me luck thanks Hallie.

Houston we have fermentation

Good day all

Sunday I put the yeast in the bucket and today it is going like gang busters.

I was a little worried that the yeast would have trouble after reading skeeter pee . I got lucky and the yeast didn't have any trouble with this being a lemon lime wine.

Well I am off to watch the bubble.

Hallie

Latest posts

Back