Lees & Pomace

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CortneyD

Reaction score
So,what do y'all do with your leftover "stuff"? I've been just tossing it in the compost but we're looking to get some poultry and I'm wondering if any of it would be safe for ducks to nosh on? I'm assuming you'd have to leave the Pomace out to dry and evaporate out most of the alcohol. But I guess I'm just wondering if anyone does anything unique with them or has a better way of utilizing them. Thanks!

I'm assuming you'd have to leave the Pomace out to dry and evaporate out most of the alcohol
Nonsense. You’ve never heard of “drunken chicken?”

Most of what I have left is mush. If I had pigs I would feed it to them. I don’t know if my chickens would eat it. But I don’t think it would hurt them.

lol,,, I've fed cake to my hogs, my laying chickens, i know I'm twisted, it is so funny to see a chicken hit the roost pole, in all my years i only had one chicken hit the roost pole just right and broke her neck, hogs are horses asses when they are hung over, rabbits, they look like there dying, lol. and yeah i know i ant right in the head,,, never ever get your horse drunk, they'll kill you and them too,,
Dawg

So,what do y'all do with your leftover "stuff"? I've been just tossing it in the compost but we're looking to get some poultry and I'm wondering if any of it would be safe for ducks to nosh on? I'm assuming you'd have to leave the Pomace out to dry and evaporate out most of the alcohol. But I guess I'm just wondering if anyone does anything unique with them or has a better way of utilizing them. Thanks!
I spread mine in the woods, I let nature take its course.

I have been dumping all of mine onto the Dinnerplate hibiscus in my flower garden over the past two seasons and what a difference it has made in the number of flowers i get out of it in the summer. I haven't tried making hibiscus wine yet but it's on my list.

Latest posts

Back