Leaves Turning Brown

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebusify

Reaction score
Hey guys, can someone tell me what this might be? This is happening to all of the vines. I water once every 7 days for 2 hours with a 2GPH emitter. Just can't figure out what is happening here.

Attachments

• IMG_20200705_095319.jpg
    IMG_20200705_095319.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20200705_094837.jpg
    IMG_20200705_094837.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
Not downy mildew. I spray it every two weeks with Serenade. I'm wondering if it's Pierces disease.

Been through that. Have you noticed the sharp-shooters on vines? they will usually leave white liquid on leaves that permanently stain them.
If you got pierces, you'll have to grow muscadine verities or hybrids.

I've been out there about every 3 days and didn't notice any bugs on the vines. The only thing that happened was the vines were growing past the protective grow tubes so I removed the tubes and tied them loosely to the stakes.

I'll do another pass today and check that out. Is that normal for vines that have been in tubes?

I hope so. Now i just need to figure out how to get rid of the moles. Nothing seems to work. They are popping mounds right next to the vines. Seems to me that it could dry them out.

I hope so. Now i just need to figure out how to get rid of the moles. Nothing seems to work. They are popping mounds right next to the vines. Seems to me that it could dry them out.
go get some caster beans/caster bean seeds, poke finger hole in latest tunnel and drop 3 caster seeds in, then lay something to cover/blackout the hole, go around doing this every where and your mole buddies will die out,
Dawg

I've tried castor oil mixed with water/soap and sprayed all over during the rain. Put out granules and all does nothing to stop them. I have not tried the beans but the oil was 100% oil and I did a 50/50 with water. Doesn't affect them. Tried those sonar/beeping things and they just put mounds right by them. Those were a complete waste of time/money. I have tried the traps too but so far they have eluded me. I have a 5 acre pasture and unless I put hardware cloth around the 4 rows I have then I don't think I'll be able to control them.

Cheap ole bubble gum seems to work as well as anything else on voles but they are a continuous problem

Tried that. Put sticks of spearmint in all holes and did nothing. Although I did not chew it up. Just put sticks of it all over the place. 3 months later they were untouched. Have you had success with whole pieces or chewed up?

i simply break off small pieces from lump of bubble gum and stuff them down into hole. sometimes have to poke dirt mound to see where burrow is, then i push gum into opening and spread dirty in mound into hole and smooth out surface just so i can tell which mound(s) have been treated. good luck. it seems to be a never ending problem but keeping aisles between rows absolutely clear of any vegetation seems to help a little as well. i wish i had the resources to cultivate/harrow a clear area around the outside of my vineyard - others have told me that this was a good way to keep the voles away as they don't seem to like open ground without any cover.

No problem - only other thing that comes to mind is that spearmint gum is probably more of a deterrent as are any of the other essential oils. keep me posted on how it works out

right now I'm using "Original Bubble Yum" - they have it everywhere. If you can find it i also like the string bubble gum - it comes in a pouch with a baseball player caricature on it sort of like a pouch of chewing tobacco

Latest posts

Back