Least favorite part of winter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we are about to get a nice shower which will turn to ice. Then top it off with a bit of snow. makes life exciting on the roads. Arne.
Could be worse, got guys from my company hunting with me the past two weeks, highs near 80, low around 70. We’d love some cold weather down here!!

LOL, we got the ice. Roads covered and slick.. Missed the snow this time. Sun out today and the ice is going fast. was a really thin layer. Arne.

20+ mph cold winds that chill you to the bone!

We had several weeks of awesome fall weather this year but it seemed like 2000-2021 it went from balls hot 90's to teeth chattering 20's. At least we had fall where you could sit on the screened in porch and drink wine.

I dislike alot of things about winter. Shorter days and longer periods of darkness. Wind chill factor when its windy; it makes 32 degrees feel like -15 some days. And patches of ice both on the roads and on sidewalks. I always land on my a$$ at least once every winter😭

I dislike alot of things about winter. Shorter days and longer periods of darkness. Wind chill factor when its windy; it makes 32 degrees feel like -15 some days. And patches of ice both on the roads and on sidewalks. I always land on my a$$ at least once every winter😭

The struggle is real where you are at! Looking at your 10 day forecast makes me cold just looking on the computer!

How's this for a wacky 10-day forecast? It might get cold down South but it rarely lasts long...

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 6.26.17 PM.png

Then the last 3 days of the month...

Screen Shot 2022-12-19 at 6.28.01 PM.png

love the winter - i xc ski a lot -living here in ontario Canada - it is what is is
we just got about 19 inches on the weekend
Ted (the movie) was in my cedar hedges! and some one stabbed him!
-gotta love Canada!!

IMG_1116.jpg

Ice storms and then snow on top. My road is plowed to a rough snow pack. A good portion is shaded all winter so the snow eventually turns to ice. Otherwise I love winter, how ever if california had water and lower taxes and less people and lower housing prices I wouldn’t mind living close to San Francisco on the coast.😃

Ice storms and then snow on top. My road is plowed to a rough snow pack. A good portion is shaded all winter so the snow eventually turns to ice. Otherwise I love winter, how ever if california had water and lower taxes and less people and lower housing prices I wouldn’t mind living close to San Francisco on the coast.😃
If you can handle humidity being in the air in the summer instead of on the ground in the winter, central NC is great.

I visited SC years ago and the weather was great, but when I got home I tracked the weather and it was always 100 or upper 90s for the summer. Plus as we were looking at vacant lots my dog stepped on a fire ant nest, I pushed her off it just before hundreds of fire ants come gushing out. That plus the giant cockroaches sealed the deal.

Latest posts

Back