Learning in Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vin_man

Experimenting Wino
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

First year making wine, used to make beer quite often. Enjoying winemaking immensely. I have made two kits, 2 gallons of dandelion, 1 gallon strawberry, 1 gallon mullberry, 6 gallons of peach, one gallon of pear and 6 gallons of beaujolais.

I wish this stuff was done, I am thirsty!!

Vin

Welcome to wine making talk!
20110803_181507_kgo_057.gif

Welcome, Vin Man. You live near Farris Brothers in Canton and they handle fresh juice in 6 gallon buckets. You might want to try making a batch from fresh juice. It is very economical compared to kits (about $45-50) and the quality is great. I have 18 gallons of a Rosso Fortissimo (my own recipe of 1/3 each Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Sangiovese), 8 gallons of a blend of Zinfandel and Muscat and 5 gallons of a Apricot/Muscat going. I got the juice from L'Uva Bella in Lowellville, near Youngstown, but Farris carries the same juice. Have fun!

welcome to the forum you'll probly like it alot

Welcome, Vin Man. You live near Farris Brothers in Canton and they handle fresh juice in 6 gallon buckets. You might want to try making a batch from fresh juice. It is very economical compared to kits (about $45-50) and the quality is great. I have 18 gallons of a Rosso Fortissimo (my own recipe of 1/3 each Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Sangiovese), 8 gallons of a blend of Zinfandel and Muscat and 5 gallons of a Apricot/Muscat going. I got the juice from L'Uva Bella in Lowellville, near Youngstown, but Farris carries the same juice. Have fun!

Welcome VinMan.

Rocky I goggled Ferris Braothers and nothing came up. Any more info?

Here is the correct name, address and phone number. They are actually in Massillon, Ohio just outside Canton. They are about an hour closer to Columbus than Lowellville (L'Uva Bella) and they have the same offering. FPI buys their stuff from L'Uva Bella and does not stock the juice. To use them, you need to call and order. It takes about a week to get your order in to Farris. With gas prices as they are, that extra 80 miles makes a difference for me. They were actually recommended to me by L'Uva Bella.

Farris Produce Inc
2421 Lincoln Way NW
Massillon, OH 44647-5111
(330) 837-4607

Rocky, that is exactly where I got my Beaujolais juice! Nice people there (inexpensive juice too). I had a few questions and they gave me the number to the winery where they get the juice (Lowellville, OH) and those people are super!

The other nice thing is that Farris produce is only 10 minutes from where I am.:tz

Latest posts

Back