Leaf tissue analysis

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to send mine to Penn State. I had poor fruit set (hens and chicks) - that may be weather related but the Penn State/Cornell group suggested leaf analysis. Low Zinc and boron can cause hens and chicks. (Full grown berries with little immature berries in the bunch).

This is very inexpensive way to see how your vines are doing. I take my sample in to the college extension service and for $22 I get this nice report.View attachment 77455
I just received my test results, what is your plan to remedy the low and border line low items? My local agronomist is working on a plan. I will post his suggestions. My results are similar.

I put an ounce of borax around each plant, 2 cups of magnesium sulfate also.
I also spread grub killer which had a little nitrogen, I’d like to put some potassium but I can only find it mixed with nitrogen, I’d like to see your plan when you have it.

I put an ounce of borax around each plant, 2 cups of magnesium sulfate also.
I also spread grub killer which had a little nitrogen, I’d like to put some potassium but I can only find it mixed with nitrogen, I’d like to see your plan when you have it.
He recommended that I use two products, O.N.E. Foliar Mix and Max-In Calcium. Applied twice monthly. Apply at one pint per acre. If I knew how to post pictures on wmt...

Back