Late harvest Vignoles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomhero

Reaction score
I will be picking up 6 gallons of late harvest vignoles when the rest of my grape and juice order is ready to be picked up close to the end of the month.

They posted the brix of the juice which was at 25 almost 26 brix. I am thinking this is pretty low for a late harvest wine, most in my area are picked at 33-35 brix. The weathers changing quick now so that might be the issue.

My question is should I bump up the brix/sg to the "norm" or just leave it be? Usually they are left with quite a bit of residual sugar and a lower alc which I could do with my freezer to cold crash it. But at 25ish brix that would keep it pretty low.

Do you think it's worth picking up and bumping the sugar up. Or just pass on it?

From fallbright outside dundee ny and it is $19 a gallon....there is one winery around here that picks their late harvest at 27 brix so it's not too far off

Thats where I thought. I also got the email but deleted it. I don't remember the price but posted on line they have it listed at $28. I wonder why the difference.

Woops I ment to put $29 and not 19, big thumbs small buttons on the phone haha

I was gonna try cotes de blanc yeast to hopefully cold crash it before it uses all the sugar.

Back