Last years frozen dandelions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM243

Junior
Reaction score
Does anyone know if last years frozen dandelions would still be Ok to make wine with. Due to circumstances, was not able to make. Its almost time for fresh ones, but I hate to throw out last years.

Tony

If they have stayed frozen the whole time I'd be willing to give them a try. I usually have to pick on multiple days and freeze batches of picked and cleaned pedals during the season. I havent had any bad experience from it but can also say they have been used up in about 3 months after picking.

Actually I have done that.

I have frozen dandelions and forgot about them for a year.
When cleaning out the freezer found them and used them.
Turned out well.

Luc

I would be willing to say that it would be better then having a fruit frozen that long and wish i had done that the first time I picked them but after a few months of not making it I threw them all out and the following year picked all over again and must say it came out decent and I sweetened it up with orange blossom honey.

Sounds like I will give them a try. I think I will also try fresh this spring and will have something to compare it to.

Thanks again,
Tony

Latest posts

Back