Large Quantity Batches

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toneill

Reaction score
So I'm curious if anyone has jumped up from the 6 gallon batch to a system of production to 2 kits at once, 12 gallons or more. I seem to generally settle into many of the same wines, once I try them, then remake them over and over. Was wondering if I could cut down on the effort and produce 2 batches at once by just doubling the kits in say a larger stainless conical tank. If you have done anything like this, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

So I'm curious if anyone has jumped up from the 6 gallon batch to a system of production to 2 kits at once, 12 gallons or more. I seem to generally settle into many of the same wines, once I try them, then remake them over and over. Was wondering if I could cut down on the effort and produce 2 batches at once by just doubling the kits in say a larger stainless conical tank. If you have done anything like this, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

I do double batches occasionally. Only thing additional that is required is a larger fermenter, like a 20 gallon Brute, I just rack to 2 carboys after AF and move on. When it's done you have twice the wine.

I do at least 6 - 8 juice pails at a time no problem you just need an abundance of carboys to rack into and a couple of fermenters large enough to hold it all.

IMG_0757.jpg

Thanks all for your input. I've made 20 kits ytd, will probably hit 27 by years end. Realizing that this is year one, which I made them at a steady state in order to get ahead of the curve with production vs consumption, year over year will probably not be this aggressive. However, I was considering a larger quantity brinkman to do 2 kits at once (one batch) vs 2 batches at the same time in order to maximize time. Doesn't sound like there are any issues with yeast, etc. Just double everything.

Back