Lalyzme ex

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zadvocate

Reaction score
Can this be used after fermentation to clear pectin from wine like pectic enzyme? I'm clearing a Grenache juice bucket with super kleer that is 1/3 clear after 48 hours.

No. It is used for improved color intensity and stability, greater mouthfeel, and enhanced fruity, floral, spicy flavors in red wines.

Can this be used after fermentation to clear pectin from wine like pectic enzyme? I'm clearing a Grenache juice bucket with super kleer that is 1/3 clear after 48 hours.

Give it a couple of more days. Most kit directions (I know this isn't a kit) say to wait at least 10 days after adding the clarifiers. Though I've had them clear in a day, I've also had them take a week to clear. Patience before you throw the kitchen sink at it.

Thanks Craig. I noticed some white floaties on top which I attribute to not degassing enough. i think I will degas tonight with the allinone winepump. then let it finish settling.

Thanks Craig. I noticed some white floaties on top which I attribute to not degassing enough. i think I will degas tonight with the allinone winepump. then let it finish settling.

I personally would just leave it be for another week, then you can rack it off/degas. If you stir it up now the clock goes back to zero and you've lost the 48 hours settling time you've already taken.

That is what I am going to do. Just leave it be till next weekend. Thanks again.

Back