Labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaDawg

Reaction score
Do y'all buy or print your own labels. Where do you get them and/or what program do you use? Have you found a good free program?

I design mine in Scribus (Free desktop publishing software) then print with a color Laser onto Avery removable labels .

I like Stoney Creek Wine Press, but will also use Avery Labels and their template to make my own. Take it to Staples for some nice color laser prints.

I use an old program called Print Shop (Broderbund ??). Then Have Office Depot Print them on Avery #22827 labels.

Bill

Bill, what do you think about Avery #5164? They are 3.1/3X4 and you get 6 labels per page.

I buy only Winexpert kits from Labelpeelers and get the labels they have to go with them. They're from LD Carlson and the latest ones are vinyl and peel off easily and leave virtually no residue on the bottle. Makes life a lot easier. They cost $5.99/30 - about 20 cents a bottle.

I design my own labels in photoshop. Buy 4x6 prints for $.09 from Walmart and use a school glue stick because it's easy to wash off. Stick the bottles in the dishwasher - done.
Mojito.jpg Petit-Ruby-Cabernet.jpg Apple-Jack.jpg

I do have access to a color laser printer, but cutting the labels generally is more trouble than it's worth.

I buy only Winexpert kits from Labelpeelers and get the labels they have to go with them. They're from LD Carlson and the latest ones are vinyl and peel off easily and leave virtually no residue on the bottle. Makes life a lot easier. They cost $5.99/30 - about 20 cents a bottle.
I also use them, but sometimes I need something special. It sounds like Avery is the way to go!

I haven't made or bought any labels yet, but I do like the professional look that I've seen on Stoney Creek. I've mocked up a few and they look great. So I may go that direction first.
How good do the Avery labels look? Can someone share some pictures? I know there's a LABELS thread, but not sure it tells us how they were made.

I haven't made or bought any labels yet, but I do like the professional look that I've seen on Stoney Creek. I've mocked up a few and they look great. So I may go that direction first.
How good do the Avery labels look? Can someone share some pictures? I know there's a LABELS thread, but not sure it tells us how they were made.

All of my wines since 16 are the Avery labels, wifey does all of the design and printing at home.

How easily do the avery labels come off? I've been using laser printer on standard printer paper and a glue stick. Cutting and gluing takes a bit more time than I'd prefer on the front end, but they look pretty good and come off super easy. Wet the label first, double rinse the inside, put the label back under the faucet and just rub it for a second or two with your palm and the label and all the glue come right off. I've tested some of the labels included with the cheap fontana kits and they're too much of a pain to remove.

How easily do the avery labels come off? I've been using laser printer on standard printer paper and a glue stick. Cutting and gluing takes a bit more time than I'd prefer on the front end, but they look pretty good and come off super easy. Wet the label first, double rinse the inside, put the label back under the faucet and just rub it for a second or two with your palm and the label and all the glue come right off. I've tested some of the labels included with the cheap fontana kits and they're too much of a pain to remove.

I use the Avery 22827 labels, you peel a corner up with a fingernail and peel it right off, doesn't leave any residue or glue. The labels are vinyl, peel and stick to to your bottles, withstand complete submersion in water, don't come off, ink doesn't fade or run, pretty much the best product we've ever used from application to removal.

I use Google slides to design them and I print them on plain paper with an ink jet printer. They look great and cost about 3 cents per label. Also, I use milk to stick them on. I have a saucer of ordinary milk and I slide the back of the label across the milk and place it on the bottle. Once it's dry it stays there even with rough handling and a quick rinse is all it takes to remove them.

Attachments

• label.jpg
    label.jpg
    474.4 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Back