Labeling Party

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjd

Wine Lover
Reaction score
I think I need to have a labeling party. Since returning from Florida in Mid April, I have bottled a little over 1,200 bottles and still have 8 carboys to go. My problem is labeling them. I printed out the labels this afternoon but i am sure it will take a couple weeks to get them all done. Sure wish I had a little bigger workspace and a little bit of help. Is anybody up for it? I've got a great selection!

Just curious, did you bottle 1200 by hand?

I bottled most of them using the Valley Vintner single bottle vacuum filler. The rest of them were bottled using an Enolmatic vacuum filler. Both excellent filling devices!

Give me some clues into your operation, all from grapes, juice, kits? You either hang around a real thirsty bunch or have a way of controlling temp and humidity. bk

Give me some clues into your operation, all from grapes, juice, kits? You either hang around a real thirsty bunch or have a way of controlling temp and humidity. bk

Homer, mostly I use all juice except for some of my fruit wines like Blueberry and Elderberry. I do hang around a thirsty bunch but most of my red wines will age for a couple years before we consume them.
In our part of the country, we all have basements which are really ideal for winemaking. My old stone basement never reaches 70 degrees and never falls below 55 degrees. I do have a humidity problem part of the year but a good dehumidifier does the trick.
I wont always make this much wine, I'm hoping to be able to age for 5 years instead of 2 so I have ratcheted up production to reach that goal.

Latest posts

Back