Label prices?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaDawg

Reaction score
I think I want to do my own label. I've been using the free labels and they are nice but I am getting tired of the same labels, so I am trying to decide if I want to pay for my own label.How much do y'all pay for labels and what quantity do you buy per order?
Thanks

Last edited:
Jim,

How do those labels do coming off?

I've bought labels from them before, but didn't end up using them. I believe they are Avery brand labels. If I remember correctly, they are not all that easy to get off.

Someone should confirm this though as I cannot say for absolute sure.

onlinelabels.com makes their own labels. They make "Avery" sized labels of course. I purchase my labels from them for years and I purchase their OL525LP stock which is not only "peel off" but also "waterproof". They are made for Laser printers so you need one or take the stock and label design to a print shop that has a Laser printer available.

I've bought labels from them before, but didn't end up using them. I believe they are Avery brand labels. If I remember correctly, they are not all that easy to get off.

Someone should confirm this though as I cannot say for absolute sure.

That's all I use and they are very easy to remove. We reuse all of our bottles.

So all you are doing is buying labels from onlinelabels.com? Then you still have to design and print from your own printer? Is that correct?

I just had Office Max do some labels , my design, for sheet of four cost was .89 cent
ea. 17 labels cost $4.46 total, Avery Label 22827 laser / inkjet.

Bill

I believe onlinelabels.com has a label designer software that they allow you to use called Maestro. You can go use it without buying any labels, but it puts a big watermark on it.

Right, but as being mentioned in all the above posts, in theory you only get the labels, then you have to design and print them? Correct?
If so, I am trying to understand what they are providing other than an outlet to buy labels such as Office Max, etc.

Jim,

How do those labels do coming off?

They come off VERY easily. I soak my bottles in a solution of hot water and oxy clean green. After about 20 minutes, they basically wipe off with no fuss.

All I get are the blank labels. I use their template to design my own labels, then run them through my color laser printer, which adds a couple pennies to the cost, I think.

Last edited:
I had mine printed by Office Max, for the price of inkjet ink,I think that 4 for .89 cents is cheap!!
They are readily removed, just peel right off

Bill

Last edited:
Labels, lots and lots of labels. Labels in every shape, material type and size including specialized labels for wine bottles, beer bottles, every type of bottle you could ever imagine. Then they offer a label maker that you can upload your own artwork, select the label SKU you have purchased and then print out your own label. If you make a purchase you get to use the software for 90 days for free. You can also purchase a subscription for cheap.

If so, I am trying to understand what they are providing other than an outlet to buy labels such as Office Max, etc.

Latest posts

Back