Other Label Peelers

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavesWine

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right forum, if not maybe the mods can move it to where it should go.
I was wondering if anyone else has found the communication from Label Peelers to be as awful as I have found it to be. I've sent them inquiries and questions in regards to various things in the past and they NEVER respond. If it wasn't for Finer Wine Kits being sold exclusively through them I wouldn't do business with them.

I can’t speak to customer service. I went to LP when they were at their old location in a strip mall. Excellent store. This spring I went to pick up a FWK kit. They’ve now moved to a warehouse. No lobby or opportunity to look at options, read labels, ask questions, etc. Not sure if this is Covid related but the operation doesn’t look like it’s ever going to be open to the public. If it weren’t for them offering FWK kits I would never do business with them. My opinion.

@DavesWine @Ohio Bob

I am not questioning your statements, but your experiences differ radically from my service from Label Peelers which has been excellent for many years. I have visited their old location but not their new digs. I have called and spoken with Matt a number of times, and I have sent several "contact us" questions to their website. These have always resulted in a thoroughly appropriate and complete response. I suggest you try calling the 330-678-6400 number and try to speak with Matt.

The few times I’ve contacted them they’ve fairly quickly responded and very helpful. Plus their shipping department is very helpful, I’ve asked for several orders to be held for shipment and they’ve done what I asked.
Now for me at least, if I wanted to comment about poor unresponsive CS I’d tell you about my experiences with Morebeer/Morewine. I do stil patronize them but they are secondary at best and usually my tertiary choice.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, if not maybe the mods can move it to where it should go.
I was wondering if anyone else has found the communication from Label Peelers to be as awful as I have found it to be. I've sent them inquiries and questions in regards to various things in the past and they NEVER respond. If it wasn't for Finer Wine Kits being sold exclusively through them I wouldn't do business with them.
I am sorry to hear that we have not responded to your emails in a timely manner. I personally handle responding to emails and I have not seen any emails from you. I'm not sure if it is being blocked or moved to spam without us knowing. What email address is it coming from? Can you email it direct to me at [email protected]? Or you can call me direct on my cell at 330-618-9063. Take Care, Matt Pruszynski LP

I've been buying kits from them for over 7 years and my experience has been dramatically different than the OPs. I actually went back to my first (of literally dozens) of messages I sent to LP over that time. March 27, 2015. Received my response March 28, 2015. In 7 years, nothing has changed. Good service and communications, fast shipping, reasonable pricing, and now FWKs. I still go to my LHBS for supplies (bottles, corks, foils, etc), but buy my kits almost exclusively from LP.

I can’t speak to customer service. I went to LP when they were at their old location in a strip mall. Excellent store. This spring I went to pick up a FWK kit. They’ve now moved to a warehouse. No lobby or opportunity to look at options, read labels, ask questions, etc. Not sure if this is Covid related but the operation doesn’t look like it’s ever going to be open to the public. If it weren’t for them offering FWK kits I would never do business with them. My opinion.
Bob,

Yes, we had to move to a much larger new locations several years ago due to our growth. We closed our doors to the public during the Pandemic to keep our Staff safe and be able to continue to serve our customers. We shifted local customers to curbside pickup at that time. During that time, we realized that it was much safer for our Staff and our Customers to be an online store only since we have fork lifts, pallet jacks and other equipment operating in the area that our customers were walking through to get to our retail area. With the vast majority of our customers being online customers, it didn't make sense for us to have a separate retail location. We would have to raise our prices to account for a separate location and one of the things that our customers appreciate is our low costs. We are always available to answer any questions whatsoever.

Take care,

Matt Pruszynski
LP

I'll have to chime in. Matt was great last week when my FWK kits arrived without most of the accessary packets. Matt answered my email quickly and shipped the missing packets immediately.

Follow up to my original post. I've been emailing with Matt today as he caught my email and post and put the two together. It looks like many emails weren't getting received .. on both sides, so looks like technical issues.

I've read quite a bit on this forum on how great this team is to work with and I finally got to experience that first hand today. Matt was outstanding to deal with and I'm so glad that I was able to resolve the problem that I've experienced. I'm looking forward to the future with the FWK kits and I'm sure I'll be a customer for life.

I have never had any problem with Labelpeelers in any way, shape or manner. Customer service, whether by e-mail or on the phone has been nothing short of superb!

Follow up to my original post. I've been emailing with Matt today as he caught my email and post and put the two together. It looks like many emails weren't getting received .. on both sides, so looks like technical issues.

I've read quite a bit on this forum on how great this team is to work with and I finally got to experience that first hand today. Matt was outstanding to deal with and I'm so glad that I was able to resolve the problem that I've experienced. I'm looking forward to the future with the FWK kits and I'm sure I'll be a customer for life.
Glad to hear it, Dave. I knew it had to be a misunderstanding or a technical problem. LP is a great supplier.

I've emailed a fair amount with Matt P and spoken with Sean at LP a few times regarding FWK orders. Not everything has gone 100% smoothly, but the folks at LP have demonstrated their focus on customer service.

LP is going though growing pains due to size and shifting focus to online sales, and recent sales (10% off FWK in March, BOGO FWK last month, recent free shipping on WE LE) have really put the load on them. While I won't accept that as a long term excuse, it's an acceptable short term reason. Shipments of FWK in March were bogged down, while the ones last month went a lot faster. They're learning from their mistakes and improving.

I mostly buy from my LHBS, as I believe in supporting local businesses. For the things I can't get there, I look at LP first, as I also believe in rewarding good customer service.

This is not my experience. I placed an order for 2 FWK kits when they were offering free shipping. Shipping to California is not cheap. The first kit arrived quite quickly but the 2nd disappeared in the Fedex tracking system for a week and ended up taking 2 weeks to arrive. I contacted Label Peelers and got a rapid reassuring response from Matt saying that the packing insulation should hold up for a couple of weeks in the mail based upon their testing, but if it turned up showing any sign of spoilage to let them know and they would send me a replacement. The package arrived fine eventually and I didn't need a replacement, but their commitment to customer service is clearly there.

I have had nothing but great service from LP. My only complaint is they insist on using FedEx and half the time Fed Ex shipments from them go astray. I wish they used UPS

Glad to hear this issue has been sorted, and not that I doubted the OP, but I felt it was highly unlikely that it was something Label Peelers was doing intentionally. I have emailed with them quite a bit and always found Matt to be very responsive. To be completely honest, he has gone above and beyond the level of what I would call exceptional customer service. As a new winemaker, I had loads of silly questions, and he always took the time to answer every one of them. Great guy, great service, and it's one of the many reasons LP will continue to get my business!

I have had nothing but great service from LP. My only complaint is they insist on using FedEx and half the time Fed Ex shipments from them go astray. I wish they used UPS
I also wish they offered non-FedEx options - I'm in CA and FedEx here is AWFUL. Shipments are routinely delayed multiple days, to the point where LP has called me (unprompted!) to say that "it's out of our control" that a shipment is late.

I'm also not thrilled with the choice of art that LP uses/accepts for FWK Frutta kit labels - the pinup girl style is pretty dated, and I'd happily buy labels that featured fruit or other wine-related imagery.

Latest posts

Back