• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Label Peelers: Up to 50% off entire store

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ithink2020

Reaction score
I just picked up a few things, including a Portuguese Floor Corker! I've been wanting one of these and got it for only $48! Total spend was less than the corker alone on Amazon!

They also have 40% off kits right now.

labelpeelers.com

I actually looked at them today, but the prices seemed high. But I had forgotten about WE's minimum advertised price policy. :slp Once I put it in the cart, the pricing got much more reasonable!

Does label peelers charge for shipping wine kits?

They do, but it's pretty reasonable. Aside from some questionable sources, I usually find LP to be a great deal on kits, when you account for all-in cost. I know since COVID, they've been a little slammed, but historically, they ship very quickly too.

Thanks everyone for weing in, $20, is reasonable. I've been looking at label peelers site but haven't pulled the trigger.

Are they going out of business? I always wondered if Label Peeler wasn't just LD Carlson under a different name.

Good point . Everything has gone up since the shut down. Everything.

Label Peelers seems to always run “sales” that are just different percentages off of their “msrp” pricing — the sale price is always darn close to their every day price.

I also wonder about their relationship to LD Carlson. They are right down the street from each other and my last order came in an LD Carlson shipping box.

I would be very surprised if their relationship with L. D. Carlson is anything more than geographical. I have been to their old location a number of times and it was a couple of very nice guys in a store with limited inventory. If I order multiple kits of the same variety, I usually call ahead and they have the kits in stock a day or two later for pick up. They are very low overhead, e.g. rent, inventory, employees, and do a volume business. Shipping for me, and I am about 130 miles from them, is about $14 per large kit.

I find them very reasonable on shipping cost. I live outside St. Louis, about 600 miles (more or less) from them and just ordered two kits, shipping cost was $40, they were by far the least expensive total cost of ownership. And great customer service, I ordered something from them, I forget exactly what, but it was broken in shipping, I sent them a letter and two days later a new one showed up on my doorstep.

I’m not sure if it is the same people running the store as when it was in Kent, OH. I agree they used to be friendly and helpful. They moved to a warehouse in Ravenna and I haven’t seen the same people there. In the new location I asked a question and was told they couldn’t help because they are now just a distribution center. However their prices are still good on WE kits and they are local for pickup for me.

I’m not sure if it is the same people running the store as when it was in Kent, OH. I agree they used to be friendly and helpful. They moved to a warehouse in Ravenna and I haven’t seen the same people there. In the new location I asked a question and was told they couldn’t help because they are now just a distribution center. However their prices are still good on WE kits and they are local for pickup for me.

Very interesting. I did not know that the personnel had changed. I suppose that they could have sold out to L. D. Carlson but that seems very unlikely. Hey, I've been wrong before. I bet the Germans in both World Wars!

I just did. Private reserve Bordeaux and reserve Australian Traminer-Riesling.
I recently received an Australian Traminer-Riesling also. I am planning on starting it this winter so I will have cold temps to ferment (which I read, is what is desired on that type). Are you going to do any tweaking? If so, what?....................Dizzy

Latest posts

Back