Label contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never have as my graphic design skill just plain stink and I have no clue on how those softwares like Photoshop or Gimp work. In fact I haven't even put a label on probably the last 20 batches I have done. I just write a code number on the cork with a Sharpie Pen.

A couple friends from another forum a mess of us here hang out at have entered and placed in that competition before. Good Luck! I am sure with your artistic skill you will have a great shot at it.

Damn it, all the forums Im on and no one brught this up a little earlier!!!!!! I entered last year but didnt win and was hoping to enter a few this year but I guess thats out of he question now!

Damn it, all the forums Im on and no one brught this up a little earlier!!!!!! I entered last year but didnt win and was hoping to enter a few this year but I guess thats out of he question now!

i hear ya. i've got a multimedia degree and love photoshop/illustrator.

Sorry Wade I only really found out myself. I got the email reminders but didnt read them duhhhhhh
Do you not live closer? You still have until the 6th which is what 3 days away????

I notice that the winners all seem to be from the USA, I hope that doesnt count me out. Im happy to forgo prizes!

Look look I got a label noticed, no winning prize but at least an EC which i presume is some sort of commended! Funnily enough it wasnt my favourite that I sent in in fact it was my least favourite!!! Im the only one from NEW Zealand in fact the only one outside the States!!!! lol:try

http://www.winemakermag.com/photos/category/25

Way to go! I've had that same kind of luck on the winemaking side. Both years I've turned wines in the ones that I thought wouldn't do good were the medal winners.

Congrats, very nice. A friend of mine also won. She is Martha Adams from New York which is on my other forum which I mod on(FineVineWines) She really knows how t use Photoshop and wins every year with her labels.

Good for you Coll, you don't come in too much anymore, but for you to pop in and share that news with us makes me lift a glass for you!:try

I have seen, and love your art, I am glad to see you could incorparate it into a label for your wine.

Sorry you didn't get a fancy reward, but for you to be a part of our forum and be recognized is good enough for us.

Troy

(ps, how did your potatoe wine turn out? And...where is G? Havn't seen her in a couple few days.)

Ohhhh cheers guys!

Im not worried about not winning a prize, I think it would have been more for locals anyway, just having one on there is good enough for me!!!

Congrats to your friend Wade.

Dont know where G is sorry Troy, I guess she must be busy. I have been working several jobs lately, (My choice as theyre all small part time sort of things in the art world that I love to do.) but it means Im over extended and not able to stop and smell the roses sometimes!!!!

The Potato wine was divine to be honest, it tasted a bit spicey and had citrus overtones. I still couldnt get my head around the smell of the potato mix when fermenting though, it was horrible, so I wont make it again! Thank you for asking.

i actually noticed that in the mag a few weeks ago. forgot to ask about it though. i was like, "i've seen are like that, wait New Zealand, yep. gotta be on wmt."

nice! i plan on making a label this weekend, but dunno if i will finish as i don't have enough stock photos that i want and it's gotta be specific. will see though, i took about 15 that i thought would like well, but the angles weren't working out as good as i'd hoped. doh! that's what i get for taking them in a few minutes and not going over them before the season changed!

Awesome Collette. Wish I'd known about this in time but I let my WM Magazine lapse last year. Your art is very unique...it was quick to scroll down the labels...yours just jumped out at me.

ODDLY enough, I live 45 minutes from where you had to mail the entries to.

Darren

Back