Kiwi Melomel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm starting a 5 gal batch of Kiwi Melomel and was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference in taste between using peeled kiwi fruit or leaving the peels on. The recipe I'm going by says to peel them but I've seen several others that leave the peel on. Anyone have experience with this out there? Thanks!

I made this last year and the bottles are aging..

I peeled the kiwifruit.. kiwifruit peel has little hairs on it.. I think it's better to remove it rather than have fibrous hairs floating about..

Allie

Never made Kiwi wine using the skins so cant help you there but it does sound good. I had some Cantaloupe Melomel not too long ago at 1 of our local Brew shops that was phenomenal!

I'm starting a 5 gal batch of Kiwi Melomel and was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference in taste between using peeled kiwi fruit or leaving the peels on. The recipe I'm going by says to peel them but I've seen several others that leave the peel on. Anyone have experience with this out there? Thanks!

Always tell the truth. It's easy to remember.

Back