Kits with reserve juice

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Sailor323

Reaction score
So I preordered a Washington Sangiovese Rosé kit. I love rosé and try as many of the few kits that offer them as possible. When i opened this kit, I found that it comes with a packet of reserve juice. I obviously did not read the description of the wine as it is described as "off dry". I don't care for sweet wines (except for ice wines). So, I'm just going to add this reserve pouch to the rest of the juice and aim for a dry wine.

Johnd

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
So I preordered a Washington Sangiovese Rosé kit. I love rosé and try as many of the few kits that offer them as possible. When i opened this kit, I found that it comes with a packet of reserve juice. I obviously did not read the description of the wine as it is described as "off dry". I don't care for sweet wines (except for ice wines). So, I'm just going to add this reserve pouch to the rest of the juice and aim for a dry wine.
Many folks do the same, particularly if they prefer dry wine as you do. If you intend to do this and ferment to dry, be aware that it will increase your ABV a bit, check the SG both before and after adding the FPack and you'll be able to see what the difference is. Also, if you so desire, you can skip the addition of potassium sorbate, which some folks are able to taste in the finished wine.

Sailor323

Reaction score
Yeah, I never use the sorbate in any of the kits. The hydrometer is your friend!

Latest posts