kit wine without chemicals

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve - I dreamed it up in my head. I figured throwing shellfish in a wine couldn't possibly be good for it.

All - Thanks for the info. I always try to buy kits with the largest amount of concentrate I can... I've done two RJS and one Winexpert. My next batch will be straight from grapes (Chilean) so I should be able to really tell the difference. right now though I've been very disappointed and cant even drink the kit wine... that fake kit taste just kills it for me.

really turned off at this point
Hey, just wondering if you can remember the taste difference between the "straight from grapes (Chilean)" and the other kits you mentioned. Can you provide an update?

I like the way rawlus has explained this. Good work!!

I still, to this day do not get what "Kit taste" is and I'm glad I don't. My wines taste fine and I'm happy with them and friends and family who have tasted them don't mention anything. I generally have been not as happy with the low quality kits, but its nothing about Kit taste, but generally not being complex and very thin.

Yep! I agree. I have no idea what people are talking about when they scream "kit taste, ugh!". I've tasted good commercial wine and compared it to some I've made and I don't detect anything that I would call kit taste, chemical taste, or anything similar. Sometimes not being a wine connoisseur with a refined palate is a benefit!
:)

I consider myself a wine commonsewer. KT to me is a kind of like an artificial sweetener on the nose and palate. Like someone took the powdery white stuff that coats bazooka joe bubble gum and dissolved it in the wine.

It fades in time, but never fully disappears.

Found it takes at least 18 to 24 months for the kit smell and taste to go away totally. I would put my kit wines up against any $25 wines.
Patience, patience, patience and having lots of other wine ready.

Found it takes at least 18 to 24 months for the kit smell and taste to go away totally. I would put my kit wines up against any $25 wines.
Patience, patience, patience and having lots of other wine ready.
I've had mine score between 68-73

Latest posts

Back