KIM CHEE..my way

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't interested.... but I looked at the recipe anyway. :rdo
:sh :sh :sh

Last edited:
LOL, I am interested Troy but I'm not sure if I can get anyone else in my house interested. :sh

Just made some up.
This stuff is probably why I am still single! :slp

Last edited:
I love the simplicity of the process, most kim chee recipes I've seen were really involved. I may give this a try. thanks!

Leanne, don't worry there is someone out there for you. Just follow your nose :)

Torch, I think it may be the other way around. If she keeps eating that stuff, it may be HE, who needs to follow HIS nose!! LOL

Kimchee is good stuff. Going to dig some out of the pantry after reading this.

I remember my sister made this out of her biology workbook and no one even dared to taste what she made. What she did was wash fresh cabbage with water and salt, let it sit for a while until the salt kills the bacteria living on the vegetable. Mix chilli powder with water ginger, garlic, pepper and whatever seasoning we had at home. Honestly it looked great but nobody dared to eat what a 14-yr old had done. lol

kimchee is good stuff if made right, it's like anything else it can be made right and not so right lol

I agree Sirs... I lived in Korea for a year and my landlady made Kim Chee under the front porch.. She made two different kinds mild (for me) and hot for everybody else... It was awesome.... She was a great lady and one of the resons I didn't want to leave but... You know Uncle Sam...

Although I did not use Troy's exact recipe I made some very similar Kimchi. Came out awesome and was easy. For those who are interested it also involves fermentation. It's a little scary watching a jar of cabbage bubble but oh so worth it!

Just made this, great recipe! The baby corn, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, etc are the perfect compliment to the cabbage.

I used the 1 head of garlic, which for me is the perfect amount, I did find it a little on the mild side, I'll probably double the amount of red pepper flakes next time.

Has anyone tried using fermented bean paste in the recipe? If so how did it come out?

Latest posts

Back