Killer Spiders! EEK!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe but I find it intriquiging that despite the cold places that they cant live there are no snakes there!

I agree - imagine Australia with all their snakes and nearby NZ with none!! Maybe NZ didn't qualify as a Garden of Eden!

I remember those sticky toys that resembled a spider you threw against the wall and it slowly climbed down. Got many folks with that.

My kids get those sticky things and they still come in the gumball machines!

My bloke is deathly afraid of snakes..(new zealand born) so when we go on holiday in australia... I get a bit naughty.

.... have a few stones in my pocket which I throw into the underbrush.. you want to see him jump..!!

( I never get tired of it)

Allie

We have our share of snakes here in Florida. Five or six are capable of really doing some harm. Here lately we've had a rash of people being bitten by the pygmy rattler. They reach into the bushes for something and end up in the hospital.
Our biggest problem going right now though is people who thought they just had to have a Boa or Python for a pet. At 12 inches, they are so cute. At twelve feet, they eat the cat.
Last year just a few miles North of here, a python got out of it's owner's cage and crawled into the babies crib. When they found it, it had killed the child and bitten it several times.
Last I heard the owner was facing charges.
They have even started a hunting season down in the Everglades to try and get the snakes under control.

*imagining you gearing up in camo and arming yourself with several cans of raid and a giant fly swatter*... lol

That's probably what it would have looked like. I don't like that I'm afraid of spiders, so I kill them with extreme prejudice. :)

If the raid didn't work, I'd have to pull out the Glock. One way or another, it would be dead. :gb

Back