kilju

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadhead

~WhIsKeY iN tHe JaR~
Reaction score
anyone know anything about kilju? i just started a half gallon jug for the heck of it.:D

No, and unless you tell us, we may never know.

Kinda worried about you getting your hands on some of that yeast to make an 18% brew, you'll be in here asking how to ferment the lawn clippings!!!!!!

ROTFLMAO

Last edited:
you can use lawn clippings???jk:) i guess kilju (pronounced kill yu) is a finnish wine made with sugar yeast and water; thats all. i guess its like the finnish version of pruno or something and i heard that fellow from the netherlands talkin about it on here so i looked up the recipe and made a half gallon batch just to see what would happen. its like mead just sugar instead of honey, no flavorings. staight booze:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

half gallon yields a half gallon (minus a couple ml or so after filtering) anywhere from 8-16% ABV:dg it can have a number of different things added to it during fermentation as well to make a range of flavors. u can even distill it and make finnish (finland) moonshine but i kno thats :ot:

The guys in cell block 18 were making something like that. In fact I swear I seen a guy toss an old shoe in it and said it would "add caracter".

I always wondered if he ever made it back to Finland.

Ryan, look through some of the recipes in here. Theres Kvass, kamini, khomehini etc. some strange ones for sure. Some are "traditional". I don't remember offhand but theres some sort of Finnish brew in there.

http://brewery.org/brewery/cm3/recs/12_toc.html

You are starting to remind me of some of the people who live here who choose to live outside of civilization. Thats not a bad thing, most of my aquaintences DO!

But, take a look at some of these. Let me know what you think.

Troy
:f

YES! that is just what i was looking for lots of off the wall and rare recipes they even have 3 (i think) seperate absinthe recipes see what kinda frankindrink i come up with this info hehe:d:db yea ive never associated well with the rest of society i like to think of myself as my own subculture hehe (think ive been listening to the grateful dead for too many years if there is such a thing) cheers!!!:dg:d:dg:d:dg:d:s:s:s:b

I don't know about the recipes, but yeah, off the wall, and sometimes on the floor.

http://www.honeycreek.us/recipe.php

I think I already sent you this link, some strange ones in here.

If I could find a way to ferment mosquitoes, cat hair, spruce needles or snow I would be a rich man. It may be time to start considering the old shoe afterall!!:)

Troy

Last edited:
Sounds like the alcohol base we make and add whatever flavours you like to it .

man troy u keep sending me messages like this im gonna run out of jug room; ill have to rent a sencond house just ta hold it all hehe:)

half gallon yields a half gallon (minus a couple ml or so after filtering) anywhere from 8-16% ABV:dg it can have a number of different things added to it during fermentation as well to make a range of flavors. u can even distill it and make finnish (finland) moonshine but i kno thats :ot:

I saw in my Midwest Brewing magazine that there are many many flavors that can be added to this 'base'...Sounds like a new project!

Around here that is called a sugar wash and is usuall produced for distilling purposes to run through a still. Dont ask me how exactly I know that! :)

Latest posts

Back