k-meta

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it is not. One step is a cleaner and sanitizer. K-meta is Potassium Metabisulfite which can be used for just sanitizing. It is also used in the wine to prevent oxidation.

Potassium Metabisulfite -

Potassium metabisulfite is added to wine to inhibit bacteria and yeast growth, as well as slow down oxidation. It may leave an unpleasant aftertaste in wine if the dose is too high.

Last edited:
For sanitizing I use 3 tbs per gallon. If you are using it right now to rinse equipment with you could add some citric acid to it (same ratio) which will work very well for contact sanitizing.

For sanitizing I use 3 tbs per gallon. If you are using it right now to rinse equipment with you could add some citric acid to it (same ratio) which will work very well for contact sanitizing.

BUTT, you can save and reuse the meta. Put some in a spray bottle for quick sanitizing.

I was told I could use Starsan for the sanatizer and this is what I used on my first wine. Will my first wine be ok with using starsan?

Thanks Roger

Latest posts

Back