Cellar Craft Just started another kit. Thanks for the recommendation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anodari

Reaction score
I am in secondary fermentation on my Cellar Craft Rosso fortisimo. I am going to let this bulk age for a year. I have Napa Zin that i did from grapes thats coming to a year this Oct.

I would like to start another red or a port. Any suggestions? I dont want a red thats going to take me 2-3 years. If i can age wine from grapes that taste decent 1-1.5 years, I would think i could do the same with kits??

I just bottled the CC Showcase Lodi Old Vine Zin. Started at the end of April. The write up on Finevinewines says it's good in ~3months, but to give it a year to fully evolve. I'm at just the 4 month mark, but it was tasting pretty darn good when I bottled it. Although I haven't tried it (yet), I've read that the Red Mountain Cabernet from Cellar Craft is excellent.

I have the Rosso fortissimo bulk aging at 5 months old. I saw enough potential at 3 months to buy another one. I have heard some people liking it very well at around 12 months. As far as the Red Mountain Cab, I have this one bulk aging since February. I have a feeling this one may take longer to reach its potential, maybe at least a year and half. If you have access to Winexpert, the selections international line with skins is designed to drink early. My Petit Verdot is at 9 months now and its going fast. I also have their Amarone that I just cleared. I don't know how they get the color, aroma, and taste at such a young age. I also have a Winery Series Super Tuscan from RJ Spagnols that has just cleared. A lot of people feel this one is pretty good around 12 months also. I like the Italian Varietals and there are some very good ones you don't have to wait forever for.

Boatboy: I have had my eye on the showcase Zin for a while. My wish list is very long but its on there. Maybe next
year.

I just bottled the CC Showcase Lodi Old Vine Zin. Started at the end of April. The write up on Finevinewines says it's good in ~3months, but to give it a year to fully evolve. I'm at just the 4 month mark, but it was tasting pretty darn good when I bottled it. Although I haven't tried it (yet), I've read that the Red Mountain Cabernet from Cellar Craft is excellent.

I can second the Red Mountain Cabernet kit, though it will probably take 18-24 months to really come into it's prime from what I've read. Mine has currently only been bulk aging for about 4 months now, but so far it seems to be coming along nicely.

I can second the Red Mountain Cabernet kit, though it will probably take 18-24 months to really come into it's prime from what I've read. Mine has currently only been bulk aging for about 4 months now, but so far it seems to be coming along nicely.

thanks fellas. I may start another Amerone. How about ports, any recommendations

How about ports, any recommendations
Hands down, my (personal) favorite port is the Porto Corinto made by Cellar Craft. I generally fortify the kit with a bottle of brandy a day before bottling.
Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back