Just scored some chilean merlot, aged 10 years.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smok1

Reaction score
But not fermented yet :)

For $100 i just picked up
5- 6 gallon glass carboys
1-5 gallon glass carboy
1-3 gallon glass carboy
Fermenter bucket
Bottle tree
Buon vino filter/pump
Corker
Tons of real corks and some allgomated ones
3 cases of bottles
And 3 boxes full of airlocks, hydrometers, bottle washers, wine books, and tons of other stuff

Everything was very clean

I really only wanted the carboys because the 12 i have are now full from this years crush and i have preordered the rq18 kits and the two roads red kit, so now i own 26 glass carboys, time to fill them. He wouldnt agree to sell just the carboys because he wanted everything gone, but he gave me a good deal so why not, the buon vino filter pumps cost about $160 here anyways(although now i own 3) probly start selling off some of this extra stuff.

But now the cream of the crop, this lot included a juice bucket, chilean merlot, date code 2008, so by my math i should be able to ferment this and have some 10 year aged merlot right? :)

72AD167C-2D6D-4169-8473-E535377B9DCE.jpg

8AFA46F0-477D-4D2B-B29D-6F92399C3F98.jpg

That family intervention for your addiction is right around the corner now!

Is the juice and other additives in separate packaging within the bucket?
If so I say pitch. Why not? You've got nothing to lose.
Also, Why do you have 3 buon vino's?

That family intervention for your addiction is right around the corner now!

Is the juice and other additives in separate packaging within the bucket?
If so I say pitch. Why not? You've got nothing to lose.
Also, Why do you have 3 buon vino's?

Speaking of 3 buon vino filters check out this text message i just got. Make that 4 buon filters and as much free grapes as i can carry

As for the juice... the bucket is still sealed but it says its sterile packed seperate in a bag inside the bucket, but 10 years is alot of years, im scared i might catch some baterial infection if i open the bag, im gonna use that bucket for grapes tomorrow though

Last edited:
Sorry i had to re-post the messages as i just noticed her phone number was at the top and i dont think shed appreciate me posting her info.

222F280D-4648-4347-B7B9-326D481545D9.jpg

456F0AEE-B18A-4D72-9543-5FE6179BD150.png

Wow. I rarely come across people that nice around my way. If I did it's probably be a trap. And they'd try to sell me stolen speakers out of an unmarked white van Or kidnap me for my organs.
Good luck. Try not to get kidnapped.

Maybe I'll move up to [emoji1063] Canada !
So do you know what type of grapes they are offering??? Foch?
Also, your 2 and 4 gallon carboys, plastic PET or glass?

All glass, monte creek winery where im getting the grapes has marechal foch and the three frontenac varietals, noir, gris, and blanc. There a huge winery though, they have hundreds of acres of vines here and the winery is here, but there main vineyards are in osoyoos bc, its about 3 hours south, right by the boarder, summers a bit longer there and thats where they grow there cab sauv, cab franc, merlot, pinot noir, basically the more popular varietals. The foch is going through mlf right now and smells great, super dark purple, the frontenac noir is a day or two from being pressed 1.002 today, but is very acidic and low ph, 3.0 ph/1.5%ta, which is typical for that varietal, the fermentation has gone great so far, i added a couple tsp of potassium bicarb and i will need to cold crash it for a week or two to drop out some acid before i mlf it.

Tomorrow ill be grabbing as much frontenac gris as i can get into my truck, half will be made into a rose, other half a white, i bought a new renissaunce vivace yeast ill be trying out which states it will metabolize 30% of the acid in the wine so ill be skipping the bicarb and hoping to end up with a ph of 3.2 or higher after fermentation so i can run through mlf without cold crashing it

Last edited:
Heres a snapshot of the yeast i got for it, im pretty excited about it, no h2s

1C8EE58E-C52F-46E5-8253-0C67EC1DE916.png

Latest posts

Back