Just sayin' Hi! from Indianapolis

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm here because I've had a long-time fascination with wine making at home, and am ready to delve a little deeper into the old cellar, so to speak. Thanks for making this forum available!
Sherry

Sherry
Welcome to the forum, there are lots of freindly folks here who don't mind answering questions.

Please consider taking a few minutes to add yourself to "The Map"

Hello and welcome. This is a really friendly site so jump right in and get to know us.

Love your name, and yes check out our map that has just been placed on here. No need to put a street address just a rough reference if you like.

Love your name, and yes check out our map that has just been placed on here. No need to put a street address just a rough reference if you like.

Thanks everybody for the friendly welcome. Makes me feel even more like starting in. I'd love to make wine at home but I'd also love to make my own beer ("I fear no beer") -- no time for either at the moment, so I'm just reading up.

I hate to seem even more ignorant, but where's "The Map" --- I'll put my location on it.

Sherry

Click on the link belo and add any brew supply stores or wineries or events that are coming up along with where you live.
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7236
We have a beer section here also. Do you have an equipment kit yet cause if not there is a link below also where you can get a good deal on a equipment kit that will include a very good Brew kit also and being a new customer will get you an 10% discount off your 1st purchase and also be entered into a monthly giveaway. The products in this place are guaranteed 100% and he backs this up bigtime unlike some other places where you will have to pull teeth out if something goes wrong. You can also call George (The owner of that site) and customize your equipment kit to your needs and he will give yo good advise, he will not steer you wrong. Ive seen him turn people off making big purchases that really didnt suite theyre needs like so hes not out there to sell the big dollar pces unless you really need them. he wamts your return business. The beer kit that comes with the equipment(Brewer' Best) is pretty much the best beer kit out there with the exception of customized kits developed by the brew supply store themselves and George can even clone a beer kit also if thats what you atre looking for and would most likely substitute that kit for the Brewers Best kit for you also. I had him clone me a Magic Hat #9 and it came it great. Tell him I sent you over there as Im also a moderator on that site.
http://finevinewines.com/ProdListKitsBest.asp

I love this map!

Wow, I put over 20 vineyards on the map, along with my own location. Hope that was ok! But Indiana just was barely represented.

Wade, thanks a bunch for all the good info. I'll come back to it when I'm ready, for sure.

Sherr

Thank you for entering all those wineries, thats what we want, that and Brew Supply stores! The wine and beer kits are very easy to make and have instructions that are very easy to follow and get good results from so if you have the money you mind as well get started now as wine will need time to age and beer will need some time to carbonate. If buying a wine kit ask here first cause we've made most of them and can tell you what are the better ones.

hello Sherry and welcome.

looks like you have plenty of local wineries.

Allie

Hi Sherry

Welcome from Pennsylvania. Hurry up and get started with your wine and beer making.

Wade, your quit message might be the funniest one I ever saw :) I'm going to have to start watching Simpsons reruns.
Sherr

Latest posts

Back