Just ranting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found out last night that my youngest son will be going to Afghanistan the begining of March. He was in Iraq last year. He was bummed to say the least. He wanted to be home for my daughter's HS graduation in June. Not going to happen. he won't be home when she leaves for College at Edinboro University (I'll have to hook up with whoever the member is that lives up there) and his deployment will be at least 7 months and will likely be extended. It's always hard as a parent seeing your children put in harms way. It's never easy. He will be home the end of February for leave prior to shipping out in March, I'm looking forward to that. I think I'll have to make a special batch of something for him when he returns since he will be legal to drink in Sept. Anyway, sorry for rambling on.

God Bless Our Service men and women.

I'm proud to say my son is a U.S. Marine.

RANT AWAY !
You have every right to. I and WE here all wish the best and safe return to ALL who knows or have someone overseas.
Tell your son we await his safe return.

What Tom said. Thats a good cause, if he was going to Haiti then i would feel different. I really tired of bailing everyone out when we our selves can bail us out. We are always sending money out that we dint have! The government blames us for spending money for stff we cant afford but they are the worst offenders!

I agree with Tom too. May all who serve come home safely and quickly too.
Semper Fidelis.

I find that funny that he's old enough to fight for his country but not old enough to drink . I hope he likes wine since alot of young people don't unless it's really sweet . Good luck over seas and enjoy your time with him before he leaves .

Hi Doug,

Yes it is not fun seeing your children being in harm's way. Go ahead and rant, you earned it.

Julie

Your son is a hero for what he's had to do over there.
Best of luck and a wish for a safe return home when he is done.

Thanks from all of us Doug....i just got done reading Lone Survivor......by Marcus Luttrell.....i am in awe of all these men and women

Your son and family is in our prayers. You can rant all you want. Pick up Julie on the way up and we'll have a glass of wine or more!:b

Doug,

I think we have to wait until it is a little warmer, remember I kept saying Dan lives in "Little Alaska" that's because it is colder and they have more snow than we have down here. And it is soooo cold this morning.

Julie

to those that serve

I agree with those who posted before me and wish you and yours all the god speedy and safe return home:br

Doug,

I think we have to wait until it is a little warmer, remember I kept saying Dan lives in "Little Alaska" that's because it is colder and they have more snow than we have down here. And it is soooo cold this morning.

Julie

It will definately be later. My daughter will be starting at Edinboro in the fall, I warned her that they get alot of snow. I think in her mind she may have seen a sled...:):)

LOL, my son went there and after he graduated he headed south grumbling that he has had enough of snow. Now he lives in Seoul and it is cold.

Julie

Doug, keep this in mind. You drop her off in the fall and unload the car and you're only only 15 minutes away from a shxt load of wineries and the wineries here don't charge for samples. If you go to Heritage wine cellar their bar is Lined up with about 30 bottles (sweet to dry) with little cups stacked up on the tasting bar. You help yourself, no asking "can I try this"? All the wine bottles you can take back, just $2.00 a case. Bring your carboys and pick up juice or meander up to Dunkirk NY to Walkers and select from at least 30 different verities of juice. I don't think you want to change her mind now, do you? :hug

Doug, keep this in mind. You drop her off in the fall and unload the car and you're only only 15 minutes away from a shxt load of wineries and the wineries here don't charge for samples. If you go to Heritage wine cellar their bar is Lined up with about 30 bottles (sweet to dry) with little cups stacked up on the tasting bar. You help yourself, no asking "can I try this"? All the wine bottles you can take back, just $2.00 a case. Bring your carboys and pick up juice or meander up to Dunkirk NY to Walkers and select from at least 30 different verities of juice. I don't think you want to change her mind now, do you? :hug

Can you buy juice anytime or is that only certain times of the year?

Julie

At Walker's anytime of the year. They are only open on Saturdays though this time of year. Check outtheir web site...google walkers fruit basket.

I didn't think about all the winerys.. May have to drop her off and spend the night at a B&B then spend the next day visiting places. That is about the right time for getting juice. I have 2 primaries now and I'm sure I can get some empty juice buckets from a friend at work. Sounds like a definate plan.

Back