Just ranting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think about all the winerys.. May have to drop her off and spend the night at a B&B then spend the next day visiting places. That is about the right time for getting juice. I have 2 primaries now and I'm sure I can get some empty juice buckets from a friend at work. Sounds like a definate plan.

And don't forget about the Winefest in North East Sept. 24-26 always a good time to plan a visit.

Rod

I went to the wine fest about four years ago and it was just ok. They only allow wineries from Pa. there and they charge a bundle for samples. Well, I tried it again this past year and I think it actually was worse. Only two or three food vendors and less craft vendors than in the past. Still expensive to taste wine. BUT.. a few of the wineries like Heritage do there own thing at there winery in addition to the wine fest and that is pretty good. Music, food and flowing wine all day (way better then the wine fest itself). Maybe I am spoiled but most of the wineries around here do not charge for samples and you can just go from one to another. Also at Heritage the bottles are sitting out all lined up and you pour your own of what ever you want to try. The sample glasses are very small but you end up buying a lot more. Heritage is neat as they have several branch stores including in Pittsburgh that are very nice but there winery and main business is in an old barn and really feels like the winery it is.

Well, my son will hopefully be home Thursday evening for the weekend. He needs to be back on base Sunday the 28th by noon. Hopefully we'll get to see him again before he leaves, I know once he hits country over there it will be a few weeks before we hear from him.

God Bless our Service men and women and watch over them.

Tell your son THANKS, and I can only guess at how tough this is for a parent. I remember the first time my dad shook my hand like a man, it was as I was getting on the bus to leave for Basic Training, there was also a slight trimble in his lip that I had never seen before or never saw again. As for being old enough to have a drink, in my thirty year career in law enforcement I never encounterd a GI who was not old enough

I spoke with my son Joshua today, He won't be home this weekend. He was an alternate for this deployment and was told yesterday that he needed to make up additional training that the rest of the group received before he was chosen to go. He will have MP and other types of training today, tomorrow and Friday. Monday he leaves for Cherry Point, NC from where he will deploy around the 10-12 ofd March. I need to go pick up his car in SC so it looks like I may be detouring from Beaufort, SC to Cherry Point, NC then home to Pittsburgh. Hoping to at least take him out to dinner Saturday night if he is allowed off base.

I can't imagine how hard it is as a parent to send your son off to war, but we thank those brave people every day for the job they do. Where would our country be without our servicemen and women? Wishing your son a safe deployment and hope his time there goes as quickly as possible.

Rod

Latest posts

Back