Just placed my official order for fresh juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cibb

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife limited me to 2 buckets of juice. I picked merlot and syrah as we are low on both of those.

I'm using d254 yeast for both and ch16 for the mlf.

I intend to add an all grape pack to each during fermentation since this is just juice. Is it worth it?

Also I'm intending to add 1-2 ounces of medium toast cubes during primary and a winestix french oak medium while aging.

How's this sound? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Think you're on a good track. Only thing I might consider is some Opti-Red in primary. Where are you getting the grape packs?

Actually, just realized you're doing juice. Opt-Red not necessary. Consider some oak chips in primary though, for some sacrificial tannins.

Actually, just realized you're doing juice. Opt-Red not necessary. Consider some oak chips in primary though, for some sacrificial tannins.

Agreed. I think the chips or powder are better served in the primary. And cubes/spiral/stix/staves/xoakers all those work well for aging going for the barrel feel. At least that's what they say.
The Chilean bucket I used the all grape pack with I also used oak chips (bulk aging with an oak spiral) as well as this additive pack. Even though meant for frozen must I still used it all since I had skins from another batch plus grape pack in there https://morewinemaking.com/products/additive-pack-brehm-frozen-fruit-reds.html

Latest posts

Back