WineXpert Just found out...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chateau Joe

Snowbelt Fermenter
Reaction score
from my dealer that WinExpert will be making the Chocolate Raspberry Port for another year. It will be available this September. :b

Yeah,
I'm planning on ordering that. The cost is a little high but I talked a few friends into going in on it with me and so we'll split the bottles up accordingly. Has anyone made this kit before? Does it use real chocolate? The description doesn't say, it gives the whole palate--has the aromas, flavors of chocolate, oak blah blah blah...

WSG

I have made this kit and dont think there is real chocolate or real raspberry in it as its a red wine base with a flavor pack added afterwards. It is very very tasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will wish this whole kit was yours though unless your not crazy about sweeter wines.

Wade,

I'm pretty sure I've seen a recipe of yours and you actually use chocolate powder in it. Wasn't it a port as well?

I figured the kit was a way to go for items I know I will be giving away. I'd rather keep the smaller batches of wine that I make for myself and a few close friends because those need aging time and I don't trust that the people I give it too will let it sit for the time it needs.

WSG

+1 I cannot get enough of this wine.

I'm glad this is getting rave reviews. I ordered mine last week - now I'm wishing I bought 2 for a double batch - it's that good eh?

Did you guys bottle yours in 375ml bottles or the 750ml bottles? I am 5 mins away from a major bottle supplier and I think I want to bottle these dessert style wines I make in the 375ml bottles, like the Bellissima or Ice Wine bottles.

Also did you let your bulk age or bottle according to the instructions?

How soon does it become delish to drink?

Last edited:
I did the dble batch 2 years ago and may have to do it again this year if I can afford it and if its still around when i do have the money. I bottled mine in 375 Bellissima bottles.

I did the dble batch 2 years ago and may have to do it again this year if I can afford it and if its still around when i do have the money. I bottled mine in 375 Bellissima bottles.

Did you let it bulk age before bottling and if so, how long?

How soon will this kit be a treat to drink?

I should have but i didnt as my grandmother was coming over Sweden and loves chocolates and I wanted to give her some and have some for Christmas which was only 2 weeks away. its the only batch that wasnt bulk aged since after I made a few batches when I began this wine making journey.

decisions, decisions!

:< Now I have to decide... To go with this one or try the Cherry Chocolate Port kit from Wine Kitz.

:< Now I have to decide... To go with this one or try the Cherry Chocolate Port kit from Wine Kitz.

Wines Just Fine:

Does that mean you are another Canadian joining our hallowed group??

Regardless, please update your location field in the Control Panel.

Steve

Well the Choco. Rasp is a longtime time standing winner, I tried the white chocolate port and the orange chocolate port last year and they are of lower class to me. The orange choc. isnt that far from the rasp but W.E. wins which is usually not the case when Im speaking because Im really not to fond of W.e kits but must say when it comes to dessert wines they do their research. I also made their Peach Ice wine last year too and it too is awesome. So far Im not thrilled with the RJS white chocolate port kit but we'll see what happens given more time. I said the same thing about the RJS White Ice wine and after 8 months it became awesome.

Did you guys bottle yours in 375ml bottles or the 750ml bottles? I am 5 mins away from a major bottle supplier and I think I want to bottle these dessert style wines I make in the 375ml bottles, like the Bellissima or Ice Wine bottles.

Also did you let your bulk age or bottle according to the instructions?

How soon does it become delish to drink?

Hey there brother New Yorker. I put my port in the 375 bordeaux bottles but the bellissima bottles would work great also.

I gave this wine a try at 6 months and it was very good. At one year it was awesome. It was surprised at how good it was young.

Ceegar, could you PM me where your major bottle supplier is? I'm always looking for a good place to buy bottles.

Latest posts

Back