Just checking in

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragon Slayer

In Remembrance 2020
Reaction score
Wow! I guess it has been awhile since I was on this forum. I just got a system generated email that said it has been awhile so I thought I'd check in. I have gotten so busy with the business and management side of things I just don't seem to have time or inspiration to come visit the forums as much as I used to. In fact I am still making wine and mead. This last May we started the construction of our new winery/meadery facility. Basically converting the garage. It was supposed to be a 2-3 month project. We are just now getting to the end of it eight months later and $3500 over our original $5K budget.

I am also Founder and current President of the American Mead Makers Association. I don't know if you are up with current events in the mead industry, but it is the fasted growing fermented beverage industry in the US right now so if I am not out working in the winery I am giving an interview, processing memberships, talking to Legislators or the TTB...We have our 3d Annual Business Meeting coming up in March in conjunction with the Mazer Cup. We helped create and lectured at the two mead making courses given at UC Davis this last Feb and again in Nov. I was appointed to the Advisory Board of the Craft Beverage Expo a few months back so I spend a little time helping plan that event coming up in May.

As a result of all this I have had little time to make any wine or mead this year, but I picked up 60# of honey last week and come hail or high water I will make a couple of meads before Christmas.

I have a feeling you are going to have to expand within 2 years!! Good luck.

Latest posts

Back