Just bottle my first batch

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobF

Reaction score
black cherry/concord juice, 1 gallon. It's tasty already!:d

Bet ya wished you made a bigger batch huh? :slp

Not really. It was my second to firment, first to bottle. I have eight other 1 gal concoctions going, with two or three more to start.

When the dust settles I'm gonna' move up to 3 gal batches for the ones I want to repeat/refine.

This will be one of them, I'm sure!

Not really. It was my second to firment, first to bottle. I have eight other 1 gal concoctions going, with two or three more to start.

When the dust settles I'm gonna' move up to 3 gal batches for the ones I want to repeat/refine.

This will be one of them, I'm sure!

just wait, you'll be pushing 20 gallons at a time next year and 40 the year after that. IT NEVER STOPS!!! that or i'm addicted to wine making?? :a1

just wait, you'll be pushing 20 gallons at a time next year and 40 the year after that. IT NEVER STOPS!!! that or i'm addicted to wine making?? :a1

I hope you're right - That'll mean I'm getting very good results!

I'm a tweaker though. I won't want more than 15 (or so) of something I have a different version of in the making.

I think there's a different name for my condition :ib

your addicted??? I can quit any time I want, I just dont want to.........pissss any one front me some fermentables

personally..

I enjoy making 1 gallon batches.. Have made a few kits.. and am bored with them now..

back to the fun of making wine recipes up... as I go along.

I'd sell my 5 gallon carboys..however going to see how many of them I need for cider from my orchard this autumn. If they are surplus.. I'm going to sell them and buy 1 gallon jugs as replacements.

Allie

personally..

I enjoy making 1 gallon batches.. Have made a few kits.. and am bored with them now..

back to the fun of making wine recipes up... as I go along.

I'd sell my 5 gallon carboys..however going to see how many of them I need for cider from my orchard this autumn. If they are surplus.. I'm going to sell them and buy 1 gallon jugs as replacements.

Allie

I'm going to compromise with a few 3 gal carboys. I'll keep experimenting with 1's, then use the 3's for proven recipes

Until I decide I need 5's :d

All depends on how much you drink.
Here we average 3 bottles a day. Think we are addicted?
So, a ONE gallon batch will not work here :dg :dg

All depends on how much you drink.
Here we average 3 bottles a day. Think we are addicted?
So, a ONE gallon batch will not work here :dg :dg
We're looking at around 3 bottles a week for 2 of us combined. I could easily see that doubling in the future :)

Latest posts

Back