Junior Senior checking in

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wijngaard

Junior
Reaction score
Hello guys,

being retired at the beautiful age of 58 allows me to pick up some old hobbies and explore new ones as well.
Winemaking is something I've always thought about but to be honest never took the time to explore.

My goal is to have my own vineyard producing nice wines for family and friend within a year or 3.

But first things first, cause I really have to start with the basics.

Hello guys,

being retired at the beautiful age of 58 allows me to pick up some old hobbies and explore new ones as well.
Winemaking is something I've always thought about but to be honest never took the time to explore.

My goal is to have my own vineyard producing nice wines for family and friend within a year or 3.

Welcome aboard! There are plenty of knowledgeable people here to help with every aspect of your goal.

I'll echo JohnD's comments and add to them - You picked an awesome hobby to start this chapter of your life - there is a vast amount of knowledge here and folks that are willing to give advice at every step of the winemaking process. Cozy up and start reading some of the threads that interest you.

Hello guys,

I did the same at 60 and started a new adventure in grapes. I would say to focus first on the viticulture aspect as there is a lot to learn. After the first year (or 2), you could buy a kit and venture into the vintner side. I also would not let the vines produce until they are 3 years old and look healthy. Also, do you have space to dedicate as a crush room? Just some thoughts on where I've been for the past 4 years and what I've learned. Be careful as this is habit forming! It's fall and I'm getting ready as if spring is next month. Oh what will I do when I realize it's not?
PS. Welcome aboard.

Latest posts

Back