Juice machine for wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have and I'm not thrilled. If you plan on buying one then look into a steam juicer

I would think with a juicer you'd get too much of the grape skin mixed in with the juice. You mainly want the juice only and maybe let it rest on the skins awhile.

About 3 weeks ago I juiced 20# of apples and pears I saved the skins and put them in a mesh bag while in the primary. I racked the wine over about a week ago and it clearing nicely. I had heard from a local wine supply store that this process never works but so far so good.

I have and I'm not thrilled. If you plan on buying one then look into a steam juicer

A friend of mine got one of those last year and it is amazing. Its a little pricey but the wine she made from her cherries was awesome!!!!!!!!!

Last Sat I got 40#'s of strawberries,froze them then steamed juiced.Just added yeast today for my 6gal batch.

Last Sat I got 40#'s of strawberries,froze them then steamed juiced.Just added yeast today for my 6gal batch.

How does that work? Do you steam and then squeeze the fruit?
Or do you just put in a bag and throw in fermenter then press at racking?
Larry

Here is what a steam juicer looks like. It steams the fruit and extracts all the juice. no pressing needed

Steamer Juicer.jpg

This is the one I was looking at. I need to break down and just order the thing. I'm sure I would get a great deal of use out of it. Especially since I just bout 32 lbs of strawberries.

Juicer

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the one I was looking at. I need to break down and just order the thing. I'm sure I would get a great deal of use out of it. Especially since I just bout 32 lbs of strawberries.

Juicer

I have that exact juicer. Worx GREAT!

Juicer
Watta U waiting for ??

Last edited by a moderator:
U will love it for fruits

I figure since I've been scoping out elderberries and I'll have to make a fpac for my Strawberry Delight in a few months I may be a good idea. We may even try making jelly and canning. Who knows. Ordered the one I previously linked to on Amazon, it was $79 with free shipping for a stainless steel one.

I figure since I've been scoping out elderberries and I'll have to make a fpac for my Strawberry Delight in a few months I may be a good idea. We may even try making jelly and canning. Who knows. Ordered the one I previously linked to on Amazon, it was $79 with free shipping for a stainless steel one.

You'll be glad you did!

About 3 weeks ago I juiced 20# of apples and pears I saved the skins and put them in a mesh bag while in the primary. I racked the wine over about a week ago and it clearing nicely. I had heard from a local wine supply store that this process never works but so far so good.

I use a standard juicer for apples and pears when I make cider, never have any problems with it not clearing either.

Allie

Latest posts

Back