juice gone bad?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parick

Reaction score
My brother and I have been making kits for about 2 1/2 years. we got a bucket of Chilean Zin Sept 2010. Was a balanced bucket, Brix 23, TA .65, so2 50 ppm.
I think we did all the right things, sulfited, pitched yeast, and resulfited after 2 months in the secondary 1/4 tsp per 6 gal. 4 months later resulfited. Today over 1 year later it has nasty looking foam on top, smells bad and tastes really bad. Something went wrong but not sure what. It has been racked a total of 4 times. Always topped off. Has anyone had this happen?

Help,
Rick from Pa.

Chilean juice comes out in April. I wonder how you got it in Sept. Have you tasted it?
Picture..

lol he said it tasted really bad so I'd say he has.... Has it tasted or smelled bad any other time that you've racked it??

My mistake it was Lodi Zin. It fermented to dry .998 . The taste is bad maybe too much sulfite? My brother had it so I'm not sure how the smell/ taste had been over the year.

We could not find a cure and we dumped it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back